DTLarca
12-01-2011, 10:32 PM
1 versus 2
1² versus 2²
1³ versus 2³

Doubling the dimensions :)

Brian_UK
12-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Jeez, not another one fella. Save to server space.

DTLarca
13-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Never mind old chap - just delete the thread, it's not going to interest more than 5% of the members at most anyway.

mad fridgie
13-01-2011, 01:59 AM
1 versus 2
1² versus 2²
1³ versus 2³

Doubling the dimensions :)
Again criptic?
may I suggest, that you firstly indicate roughly the area with refrigeration/hvac, that your point is heading towords (no doubt in your head you are trying to get some where)
For example
"Many misunderstand how ********* in a refrigeration system is effected by *********, to better understand this we first need to understand the the basic mathmatical and physical properties of *********. to start with
1² versus 2²
1³ versus 2³
This way you would keep us interested, and you then can build up to the point that you are trying to make.
I also think you would end up with a more intense and positive interaction with others within the forum.
Well my thoughts.

lawrence1
13-01-2011, 04:17 AM
OH NO ,,,,,please no more,,,go away will you.

desA
13-01-2011, 04:44 AM
What would the internal mesh size be for that filter-drier?

:confused:

DTLarca
13-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Again criptic?
may I suggest, that you firstly indicate roughly the area with refrigeration/hvac, that your point is heading towords (no doubt in your head you are trying to get some where)
For example
"Many misunderstand how ********* in a refrigeration system is effected by *********, to better understand this we first need to understand the the basic mathmatical and physical properties of *********. to start with
1² versus 2²
1³ versus 2³
This way you would keep us interested, and you then can build up to the point that you are trying to make.
I also think you would end up with a more intense and positive interaction with others within the forum.
Well my thoughts.

I find this way best - if there is anyone who get's what I'm up to and wants to discuss the principles further than they already understand them then a discussion starts. If no one has any clue then cool - it goes quiet and I am saved from wasting my time spoon feeding people who if they don't get it this far they are not going to appreciate it any further :)

mad fridgie
13-01-2011, 09:30 AM
to the 'power' and may it be return to those in Queenland
may be you need a square or cube for your tyre, with an inverted fraction of contacted surface area of that of a wide round tyre

lawrence1
13-01-2011, 11:47 AM
I find this way best - if there is anyone who get's what I'm up to and wants to discuss the principles further than they already understand them then a discussion starts. If no one has any clue then cool - it goes quiet and I am saved from wasting my time spoon feeding people who if they don't get it this far they are not going to appreciate it any further :)
Seriousily DT Larca,
Get a life,take your opinions elsewhere,,,surely out there somewhere is a www.nerd (http://www.nerd) forum for ******s like you.

TRASH101
13-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Hello DTL

I must "parrot" M Fridgie here and ask to what avail?

Thanks Marc

nevgee
13-01-2011, 07:08 PM
DITTO ........ Time to change or move on. I think mostly those that could be interested just aren't anymore.

There must be a lonely hearts club for lost Philosophical thinkers.

www.philosophychatforum.com (http://www.philosophychatforum.com)

Happy hunting :D

stufus
13-01-2011, 11:37 PM
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
John Von Neumann........

DTLarca
13-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Here is an example of what this topic is ultimately aimed at.

Who can explain what is wrong with the claims made at the wiki page below?

It's a common mistake, or set of mistakes, and I want to devote a number of articles exploring the nature of the mistakes as in the physics of the facts and if I can then also the psychology of the phenomenon.

Within half an our of power point presentation I can have a Level 2 tech derive the fan laws on their own accord for both speed change and diameter change. But I struggle to do the same with pumps and I'm not sure why yet but now that I have vanquished the ghosts of fractions in physics I want to solve this the very next problem along the line that I have so far also struggled with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affinity_laws

Magoo
14-01-2011, 12:15 AM
DT
to be polite, get a life. We are nuts and bolts people here. Forget the power point cra#, and post some practical application information.
magoo

DTLarca
14-01-2011, 12:28 AM
DT
to be polite, get a life. We are nuts and bolts people here. Forget the power point cra#, and post some practical application information.
magoo

Since this stuff gives me enormous intellectual pleasure and brings me great happiness and you could say even makes my life seem complete almost as if my purpose in life is vividly or even explosively laid out in front of me I would say that not only do I have a life but very likely a life much richer, experientially, than you :)

In fact you really ought to ask yourself "Why did I leave that comment, what is it about me that brings me to that state of mind?"

nevgee
14-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Please give it a rest .... what's the point? ...only you know this but ... that's the point ... only you do.
We are all at fault here for biting at the bait ... I'm deffo out of this one now. :cool:

Magoo
14-01-2011, 01:00 AM
DT.
you are a legioned in your own mind. Sad state of affairs for an obvious intelligent individual.