PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Ryn35cvmb7

Kirky
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Been called to a Daikin split system on a server room previous engineer says compressor has gone but I'm not sure the unit is not in fault compressor just doesn't seem to be getting a start signal it's not down to earth it just doesn't wanna start not power to the compressor but power to condenser fan could it just be the pcb some internal fuse blown or something

sedgy
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
hi kirky, you say , its not down to earth , have you tested the windings?
sedgy,

luboboi
12-01-2011, 04:27 PM
verification is easy. measure the resistance of the windings and the housing. appliance must have a range exceeding 2000k

monkey spanners
12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi Kirky,

Is it an inverter unit or does the compressor start dol?

Any fault codes or flashy lights?

Brian_UK
12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
You say the fan runs, is there power to the contactor on the control side?

Check the safety circuit.

marc5180
12-01-2011, 07:43 PM
On a side note, donuts Brian?:D

Sorry to hijack:off topic:

Kirky
12-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. The unit isn't showing any fault lights the LED on the PCB is flashing away show normal conditions the condenser fan runs I've got power at the outdoor unit going into the PCB but no power onto the compressor it is not inverter driven. In the past when the compressor is faulty the compressor will at least try to start and usually take out the circuit breaker or pop a fuse but on this unit nothing happens am I wrong in thinking that if it was the windings that the compressor would at least try to start

Kirky
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Looks like the compressor is protected by a temp sensor mounted on the head of the compressor can't remember it's proper name a little rusty but it is wired directly into the pcb as is the comp and fan

monkey spanners
12-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Have you checked for voltage at the compressor terminals?

If there is power then put your amp meter on the wire to the compressor and see if it is pulling any current, it could be seized but not burnt out, it will pull LRA for a few seconds then go to 0 for a few minutes and then repeat, it would keep doing this till the motor gets hot enough to short out and blow a fuse.

If there is no power then check the wiring back to the board and then check the relay or contactor. It would be worth checking the capacitor too if its single phase.

Andy AC
12-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Check the contactor, even if the coil is energised, doesn't mean the power is getting through, the contacts may be burnt out.

Andy

Kirky
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
There isn't any power at the compressor terminals it isn't even trying to start it's a very simple unit power directly into the pcb with everything else wired directly from the pcb. If I've got power into the pcb but not at the compressor terminals then it's gotta be the board maybe the capacitor gone or something I've dealt with faulty compressors in the past and they at least try to start but this one does nothing it doesn't throw the breaker

luboboi
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
if not go to the compressor voltage problem will Vrelo compressor on board

luboboi
12-01-2011, 10:50 PM
if not go to the compressor voltage problem will be the compressor relay on board sorry

Brian_UK
12-01-2011, 11:30 PM
There must be a power relay on that board feeding power to the compressor, check power across the relay. Also bypass the relay to check if the compressor starts after having checking the motor windings.

Brian_UK
12-01-2011, 11:30 PM

Sorry to hijack:off topic:OK, yup, just noticed; two virtual jam ones en route. (Damn, I hate people with long memories. :) )

Kirky
13-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Cheers guys for all your help the unit is old and in pretty bad condition so we just gona replace full system. Someone had installed the condenser under a overflow pipe so the unit is soaked and covered in moss

airconadam
14-01-2011, 12:37 PM

Sorry to hijack:off topic:

Trust you to be thinking of food again (curly chunk)