PDA

View Full Version : career advice

bataman
11-01-2011, 09:22 PM
hi all

Iam currently studying towards a technical certificate in air conditioning and refrigeration after this need to find a trainee job to complete my NVQ. just need advice of how or where to look for a trainee position?Not having much look so far in the north west uk there seems to be handful positions around the london area advertised! can anybody help?
is there any point in doing the technical certificate?
any advantages of it?
Before starting had the impression i was on a NVQ2 course later discovered it's only a technical certificate. Also talking to various different people receiving contradictory advice now thinking have i just wasted a year!

Kind regards Q

coolstuf
13-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi, I think you must have a Tech Cert 2 before you can apply for NVQ2, and also Tech Cert 3 before you can apply for NVQ3. The Tech Cert courses is the underpinning knowledge for the NVQ. The NVQ part is the practical experience together with your Tech Cert

charlie patt
13-01-2011, 09:48 PM
bang on doors pop around and sea some fridge firms/ call in the wholesalers and leave a cv on the desk there are jobs out there but like customers in this climate employers want more from there staff good luck

bataman
13-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys!

bataman
13-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys