PDA

View Full Version : Dixell controllers

eggs
15-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I have a Wing XW271L that i want to reset to the default settings after, Spiros, the keebab shop owner, has been "fixing" his freezer cold room all by himself :mad:
Is there a quick way to do it, from ROM memory perhaps??? or do i have to go through it all setting by setting?

My fridgie sidekick is away again :mad:

cheers for any help.

eggs

Brian_UK
15-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Eggs, I don't know these controllers but try this link to download an English manual for the controller:- http://dixell.com/linea58/download/XW271L_E.PDF
Be aware that the link is case sensitive, the pdf is 4 pages so not too big !!

There seems to be a way of using a 'hotkey' - still got it ?? or copying a parameter list but I'll let you read up on it.

Good luck

chillin out
15-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi EGGS,

If it works the same way as the universal-r.... then change the 1st paameter ( the one that sets up the controller to use the right number of probes and type of defrost) to another setting then back again.

Ive not used this method for resetting the controller but it does say in the manual thats what will happen if you change settings then change the 1st one last.

EDIT: forget all that, ive just read brians:o

chemi-cool
16-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Hi eggs,

very good controllers, I use them for years now.
Do as Brian says but when you get to the download area' you have to register and them all the manuals are yours.

Chemi:)

tonto
16-08-2005, 11:06 AM
even if you have to change all the settings eggs, it probably wouldnt take you longer than 5-10 mins anyway.... From memory you can lock out most parameters in the controller and only enter them when you enter the default password of 321. Or you can adjust the upper and lower limit setpoints in the controller so he cant play with the setpoint...... Anyway if spiros keeps playing with the controller and you have to keep going out to fix it and charge him, he would probably learn soon enough not to play with it...

eggs
17-08-2005, 07:59 PM
thanks all, i downloaded the destruction book (cheers brian), reset it all, fired the baby up got her running nice again.
looks like i have a problem with the relay for the electric defrost heater though.

anybody know where i can get a pcb for an "AREVELO"?

cheers

eggs

Brian_UK
17-08-2005, 10:59 PM
anybody know where i can get a pcb for an "AREVELO"?Is that arevElo or arevAlo ?

I ask because RACS carry Arevalo kit and they may be able to help.
http://www.racs-ltd.co.uk
01792 795222 (Swansea)