PDA

View Full Version : Oil line to compressors from temprite separator

Rob.S
15-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi ive been working on some R22 HT and LT packs....ive been having trouble with oil getting back to the compressors....ive changed the filters in both the temprite separators and yes they did look kinda dirty. ive reassembled the separators and still couldnt get the oil back....i noticed there was a pressure regulator just after the oil service valve at the bottom of the separator and there was no oil flow through no matter where i put the set point.... anyway i changed it and now have oil passing but have no idea as to what pressure to set it too...on the HT pack the discharge pressure is around 15 bar and would just like to know if anyone knows the correct pressure the oil lline should be???? thanks to anyone who can help
rob

Peter_1
15-08-2005, 09:52 PM
1.2 to 1.5 higher than the crankcase pressure.

There are special differential pressure valves developed for this with a factory set DP over it.

paulcollis
15-08-2005, 10:05 PM
We have had several sites we have taken over with this same problem recently, if there is one seperator/resevoir for all compressors on the rack
we have removed the low pressure system and installed Traxoil Electronic high pressure floats on each compressor and made the system into an HP system. We have also removed most of the temprite seps and installed good quality helicals.

vaidas_78
15-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi Rob I don't know what type of pressure regulator is there, but normally the oil line pressure should be 1-1.5 Bar greater than the compressor crankcase pressure.

Rob.S
19-08-2005, 09:15 PM
cheers chaps you have been a help
rob

Dan
21-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Rob, we have been frustrated with the regulator that Temprite has been using. It is basically a downstream pressure regulator (CPR valve) that does not read differential pressures. You have to set the valve at least 40 psig over the suction setpoint to have a hope it feeds sufficiently throughout the gamut of suction pressures considered normal. Sporlan makes a .. hmm.. y1236 ??? differential valve that controls quite nicely relative to suction pressure. Yank out the downstream regulators and put the differential regulators in their place. Then you can trust a positive and regulated pressure feeding the oil to the oil regulators regardless of suction pressure changes. You only need 10 to 20 psig.

I don't know why the Temprite people haven't gotten the message yet.

Peter_1
21-08-2005, 11:40 AM
We have had several sites we have taken over with this same problem recently...

Hi Paul, what brand were these packs?
And what brand of compressors do they use mainly down-under me?
Are larger supermarkets mainly equipped with packs?

Rob.S
23-08-2005, 08:16 AM
thanks chaps.....