PDA

View Full Version : Chinese retarder/prover

Andy AC
10-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Hello guys, a baker friend of mine has managed to damage his reatarder/prover whilst moving it to new premesis. I have managed to repair the damaged condenser coil, the problem is, there is no mention of refrigerant charge anywhere on the cabinet.
The cabinet is a large 2 door retarder/prover made by horng-dar, model number HL81048. Lots of chinese symbols on the control switches.It was built in 2007 and it has 2 eliwell controls and a copeland scroll zr22k3-pfj compressor. I need to know the gas type and charge, the compressor has mineral oil according to the label, so I presume it was on R22. My mate got it brand new 4 years ago for peanuts - some dodgy internet thing, and has no manual/after sales backup etc. If anybody knows of this cabinet, can you please get in touch.

Andy

monkey spanners
10-01-2011, 10:57 PM
If comps on mineral oil then my moneys on R22, did a few chinese mr whippy machines a couple of years ago and they were all on R22 still!

TXV or cap tube?

I'd try some R22 in it and see how it runs, its broke now with no gas in, can't get more broke than broke!

Andy AC
10-01-2011, 11:49 PM
I did end up putting some R22 in it to see what happened - pressure seemed too low and frosting back heavily. Put that down to the low ambient of the unheated industrial unit and the two absolutely massive condenser fans running flat out. I'll be going back soon when he has got some more gear in there up and running - 37kw electric oven should warm things up a bit.
System is cap tube

Andy

Brian_UK
11-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Plus some old cardboard sheets over the condensers perhaps?

al
11-01-2011, 08:27 PM
You need head pressure control, these are designed for warm bakeries not cool garages!! Treat it like a small cold room, charge accordingly.

alec

chilliwilly
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Make the prover heaters come on whilst your charging it.