PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviour of heat pump air conditioner

Suresh_linga
09-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Hello,

Recently I bought one Portable Air Conditioner, which works on heat pump technology. It is behaving strangely. see the description of the problem below.

1. Ambient temp and RH are 25 degree centigrade and 53%.

2. room size 130 square feet, room temp 23 degree centigrade, RH 56%, unit is on at 9:26 pm, unit temp set to 18 degree centigrade, cool air coming from front vents and hot air is going out from back exhaust.

The problem is at exactly 10:12pm exhaust hot air flow from back stopped and less cooling air is coming from front vents.

Automatically exhaust hot air from back started flowing at 10:20pm and cool air is coming from front vents. 8 mins exhaust air stopped.

compressor is always on during the process.

once in 35 min to 40 mins the unit is doing this process regularly. Some times this time schedule varies.

I thought it was defrost cycle, when I contacted company they said there is no defrost cycle in cool mode. Still they are finding what is the trouble with the unit.

What is the Trouble with the unit.

Thank you.

sedgy
09-01-2011, 04:20 PM
hi you say the hot air blows out of the back of the unit ? have you got any ducting on it to take the heat out of the room ? sedgy,

Suresh_linga
09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi, portable air conditioner will carry a exhaust hose and it should be ducted out side via a window. Same thing I did as per the manual. The exact problem is why the condenser fan cuts off while compressor still running. Thank for reply.

Gary
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
For many systems, condenser fan cycling in mild weather is normal. The cooler the ambient, the more often it will cycle. This is a good thing, allowing the system to run in cooling mode in cold weather.

Ask the manufacturer if this unit is set up for condenser fan cycling.

Suresh_linga
09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi Gary, thanks for reply and tech info. Unfortunately it is not cycle off because compressor is not off. Usually during the cycle off compressor is off and blower fans works but in this case compressor is in operation. Manufacturer says when condenser fan off compressor also should be off. Please dig in to the matter thank you

Gary
09-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Compressor cycling and condenser fan cycling are not the same thing.

Gary
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
You have not told us the manufacturer and model number, so it is not possible to dig into the matter.

Suresh_linga
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Gary thanks for follow up. Here is the link for the model. Please see it and help in sorting out the exact problem.

Suresh_linga
10-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi Gary, thanks for the followup, Manufracturer is soleuasir and model is PH1-12R-03 please see it and help me in sorting out the problem.

Suresh_linga
10-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi Gary, Please see web site soleusair and for model PH1-12R-03

Brian_UK
10-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Hi Gary, Please see web site soleusair and for model PH1-12R-03
It might also help us if you spelt the manufacturers' name correctly. :(

Soleusair not Soleuasir

Brian_UK
10-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately the operating manual provides no useful information regarding the operating principles of this unit.

As it is a new purchase I suggest that you return it to the supplier as faulty and request a new replacement.

ashraf Bhatti
15-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi, i think this unit is design at ambient control bases. in this condition condensor fan enrgised with a pressure switch or with a thermostate. when pressure rises from a certain velue condensor fan switch ON and when pressoure decreses from the set velue condensor fan should become OFF. if this function is not in the system then check some condensor fan have a thermal safty in thier body, is that operational or not?.