13-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi,
Anyone got any experience with these ?
Any recommendations ?

:cool:

Cheers

Deejey
13-08-2005, 01:20 AM
I have used them for checking product temeratures in supermarket refrigeration, they are quick & easy to use but I wouldnt use one if I wanted extremely accurate results.

here is a website for the one that Fluke makes

http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/Fluke+60+Series.htm?catalog_name=FlukeUnitedStates

botrous
13-08-2005, 11:30 AM
I used to use one when working at the airport to check the ups rooms tempreture , but they aren't that adequate , in some models there are useful things , like you can memorize the tempreture measurment for about 100 product and then download it to your computer when you came back office , this way you can track the product tempretures in a very easy way . . .

Gary
13-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Infrareds are useful for locating wiring problems in electrical panels. Wherever there is a poor connection or undersized wiring, there will be a hot spot.

Abe
13-08-2005, 12:37 PM
I know Chemi has a nice two sensor probe thermometer .
I m wondering if any member might know where I can buy one in the UK

botrous
13-08-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree with you Gary . . . when ever there is an undersized wire , the Joule effect will rize the wire tempreture . . .

Be careful and undersized wiring may be hazardous and start a whole fire :):):)

Temprite
13-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Hello Aiyub.

Can you buy fieldpiece equipment in U.K.?

They have a dual temp head that attaches to your existing multimeter

The multimeter by itself also can be used as a clamp meter for current and you can check capacitors up to 400 uf. It also has a plug for a k type thermocouple.

I am extremely happy with mine.

Maybe I should get a job as a salesman for fieldpiece:D

Krups
13-08-2005, 02:20 PM
thanks guys for ur info...
so as they arent really that accurate,
what thermometers would you guys recommend for accurate readings ?

botrous
13-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Welcome krups , i prefer contact thermometers for more accurancy

Abe
13-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Hello Aiyub.

Can you buy fieldpiece equipment in U.K.?

They have a dual temp head that attaches to your existing multimeter

The multimeter by itself also can be used as a clamp meter for current and you can check capacitors up to 400 uf. It also has a plug for a k type thermocouple.

I am extremely happy with mine.

Maybe I should get a job as a salesman for fieldpiece:D

Hi Temp

I found their web site and have sent them an e mail
There in US, but not sure if they have a channel here

Thanks for your help

Abe

vaidas_78
13-08-2005, 11:58 PM
This one is realy nice http://www.hitek-sales.co.uk/view.php?product_id=MM-TMD90&product=Meterman+TMD90+Dual+input+digital+thermometer#
A very good ratio of price and functionality.

Vaidas

CuGe
14-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Best advise is not mess about with that infra-red rubbish unless you want to know the temperature of your fishpond or you BBQ. Get yourself a good fluke with all the probes that you might need,i.e. binders, touch, air and thermocouples, you can't go wrong, trust me!!

Abe
14-08-2005, 09:12 AM
This one is realy nice http://www.hitek-sales.co.uk/view.php?product_id=MM-TMD90&product=Meterman+TMD90+Dual+input+digital+thermometer#
A very good ratio of price and functionality.

Vaidas

That link not working

Krups
14-08-2005, 03:13 PM
yea fluke seems like the weapon of choice, but gonna keep looking round...

cheers for ur help chaps...
if any1 elses got ne ideas...

:-)

frank
14-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Is this any help Krups http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/searchAction.do?cacheID=ukie

vaidas_78
14-08-2005, 11:26 PM
That link not working

http://www.metermantesttools.com/mmusen/products/MM+TMD90.htm?catalog_name=MetermanUnitedStates

I bought it from www.hitek-sales.co.uk(I think site is under construction) You can also find it here http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=43038&doy=14m8

TMD90 is similar to Fluke 52 S2
Prices:
TMD90-85£ Fluke 52S2-180£

vaidas_78
15-08-2005, 12:06 AM
But anyway I often use infrared when I need to know the compressor head temperature, the discharge temperature or to check which cylinder is unloaded.
And it is indespensable when you need to know the temperature of moving parts,such as a fan shaft.(not in domestic fridge :) )

Krups
15-08-2005, 11:12 PM
exellent help chaps,
iv already got me an infra-red, got a good bargain off the ol ebay, seems pretty nice,
but also gonna get a good dual temp digi thermocoupler thermometer, for more easier and accurate readings of air temps,
tmd 90 seems good..
will let u folks knw, how i get on...

bernard
28-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi Aiyub

I,m looking for a good T1 T2 themometer,was just wondering which one you went for and are you happy with its performance.

Regards Bernard

dogma
29-12-2005, 02:42 AM
A mate has a fieldpiece with interchangable heads.

I've seen the clamps you can buy, bloody rippas. Similar to battery terminal clamps. You just clamp them to pipe work easy for superheat and subcooling.

does anyone know where I might find a thermo that has 4 or more probes??????

I was going to rig something myself but accuracy is lost.

any hints?????

Cofreth
29-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Aiyub

I,m looking for a good T1 T2 themometer,was just wondering which one you went for and are you happy with its performance.

Regards Bernard

Recommended the Fluke 50D thermometer, you can use it with an infrared sensor,a thermocouple or a touch sensor for measuring superheat.

SteveDixey
29-12-2005, 12:31 PM
thanks guys for ur info...
so as they arent really that accurate,
what thermometers would you guys recommend for accurate readings ?
Most digital units with separate probes are OK, but any will need calibration every so often, maybe once a year. Just avoid the really cheap ones.

I use a digital unit with a thin ribbon surface probe that reacts quite quickly to temperature changes. Higher prices tend to buy you more features and probably accuracy but that depends on how accurate you need to be. I think I paid about £50 for the unit and £20 for the surface probe from Hawco in the UK, and it does what it says on the box so that is all I need.

Infra red is not that accurate and I have found it can be influenced by the colour of the paint on the surface, reflectivity and surface roughness, all of which can contribute to a 10 deg C difference compared with a surface probe thermometer. The best ones have a multi-point light that seems to be more accurate. The only advantage I can see with IR is that you can measure at a distance.

Steve

rbartlett
29-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Recommended the Fluke 50D thermometer, you can use it with an infrared sensor,a thermocouple or a touch sensor for measuring superheat.

indeed which is why i bought this one-brand new in the box

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7572499346&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

cheers

richard

bernard
29-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi

How much is a the fluke 50D new ?

Thanks Bernard

rbartlett
29-12-2005, 08:55 PM
they have superseded the 50d but it was about 120 quid.

cheers

richard