PDA

View Full Version : York Chiller

RubenJLL
12-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a problem with a Recip York Chiller. Everytime I reset the chiller it show on the display a "Motor Current" on both System before the compressor even start.
Any one can help?
Thanks

malik55
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Check the external H.P cut out switch and its wiring circuit, If that is open the same fault shows at display.

404cab
13-08-2005, 04:07 PM
What type of control do you have, was it built by York Basildon ?

Regards

Julien

CuGe
14-08-2005, 03:35 AM
What value is the unti showing and also does this happen just before the compressor starts?

malik55
20-08-2005, 03:16 PM
RubinJLL
Did your YORK comes on line?

Walshyd
15-09-2005, 08:30 AM
What sort of controller is it using gold standard or gold standard intelligent, the latter is a micro-processor with key pad

dill
15-09-2005, 08:57 AM
it may just require recalibrating. on commisioning, some york chillers have to be calibrated eg. slide valve settings and % motor overcurrent. motor current will generate an alarm before it even starts.

Snowman123
15-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Check on the Pcb board for two red lights its in the top right hand corner. This is for the thermistor on compressor. You might have a fault on the hp switch. Very common problem with the screw chillers. :)

altaf22m
03-10-2005, 05:35 PM
check ur compressor protector module which is fixed inside the terminal cover of compresor. it might be defective. if possible replaced the CP MODULE and check, possible it will work normally. ALSO, check compressor toroid i.e(current transformer) ohms, it should be around 65 ohms. GOODLUCK.

Renato RR
12-12-2005, 10:59 AM
You have big problem and the owner of this chiller even bigher.

vinod
13-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi,
check or replace the relay out put board and you can check the moisture inside the compressor terminal box.then clean it.

RAVISEKAR
02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
HI,WHAT IS UR MODEL OF UR CHILLER? if ur model is YEAJ series check the analog input j plug voltage at microboard when stand by must be 0.5 volt dc, when it run it shoulld start from 1.4voltdc,when it load it may rise untill 1.9 volt dc if it is not ur micro board to be replace need any help i can help u i am working in york almost 7years thanks

Josip
02-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi, RubenJLL :)

Hi Guys,
I have a problem with a Recip York Chiller. Everytime I reset the chiller it show on the display a "Motor Current" on both System before the compressor even start.
Any one can help?
Thanks

This can be if emergency button is not released or has some internal wiring wrong...

Best regards, Josip :)

Grizzly
02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Rubenjll.
I suspect there are enough engineers out there to resolve your dilemma. But we need a little more detail.
1 valuable method of narrowing fault diagnosis down is to:-
Enter the History menu and read the data therein!
ie High HP would show a high hp reading at the time of cut out. Whereas you would expect to see possibly a high Motor FLA. On a "Motor Current".
Many things can be acertained from interigateing the system history.
For instance if the system runtime D.Hrs.Mins. & Seconds shows 0.0.0.3 its pretty resonable to discount a motor overload. But you might deside to
check that the motor is switching from "star" to "delta" etc.etc.
Thats assuming that the motor is star delta and not part wind.
The history buffer is very valuable in determining whats been happening and if you have the facility you can print of a hardcopy.
Very USEFULL especially as York systems only record the last 3 or 6 events (faults).
You would have to reset both systems after a "motor current" shutdown. I assume you have been doing that.
As many before me have tried to explain there are a lot of possible reasons for this fault and without knowing the model conserned it's very difficult to narrow the fault further.
May I ask could you let us all know how this develops, A lot of the time we are left wondering as to wether we have been of assistance.
I must point out that a lot of York kit is different
in Europe to the America's.
The fundermentals are the same though.
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Brian_UK
02-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Check the dates fellas, it's over two years old ;)

Also the guy never came back to us again, another one-poster :)

Grizzly
03-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Now I know why you are a moderator Brian!
You actually read everything properly before replying
Grizzly.http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
Hopefully someone will benifit from my explanation?

Brian_UK
03-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Oh yes, someone always benefits that's for sure.

To be honest sometimes these 'semi-dead' threads come alive again because no-one knew the answers first time around and, as usual, a fresh mind kick starts it again.

RAVISEKAR
15-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi,any Body Can Help To Send York Ycam Model Air Colled Chiller Wiring Digram Or Which Web Site I Can Down Load

Chunk
15-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi RAVISEKAR

I think this is what you require

http://www.yorkromania.ro/docum/Pc014_gb.pdf

Hope it is:D

josef
15-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi RAVISEKAR,
and number? :confused:

RAVISEKAR
18-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks Chunk,my Model Number Is Ycam 300 Four Comprassor With Master And Slave Panel With Refcomp Compressor