PDA

View Full Version : supermarket refrigerrator's detail materials list

firestorm_88
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
:) :)
helol every1 ... i'm new to here ...
recently i haf a project to do about te refrigerator ...
i need to find out the materail use to make the refrigerrator ...
so i ask all of your help to help me list them down ....
ur help will greatly appreciate ...
thx every1 ...

botrous
12-08-2005, 01:11 PM
seems you are a student ... welcome :)

this a link that can help you in how refrigeraors work and their parts , although the informations provided are general and minimum basics.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/refrigerator.htm

best regards

firestorm_88
12-08-2005, 01:52 PM
ggg...
thx n so much
erm got ani supermarket type of freezer 's materials list ???

botrous
12-08-2005, 10:47 PM
it's almost the same , i think there a sight glass , an accumulator , and the electrical controls differs , flexible tube , between the compressor and the cpper tubes but the refrigeration cycle is almost the same as in a fridge , same basic components . . . anyway let's wait for the supermarket guy to say what they have.

best regards

Deejey
13-08-2005, 01:16 AM
A detailed materials list for supermarket refrigeration would be far to extensive to post here. baiscally you would have a number of compressors (called a Rack) sharing common suction & discharge lines, common liquid receiver, oil return etc etc. each freezer case, freezer room is then piped to the rack headers. The condensor is common to the compressors. The whole system is controlled by rack controller such as the Danfoss AKC55 which can control up to five suction groups, each with up to eight compressors with unloaders and a dedicated condenser with up to twelve fans.
I sugest you contact Carrier in Singapore or a refrigeration company that installs supermarket refrigeration for your detailed list.

Kevin Yeo
15-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Hi,

I'm not an expert, in fact a novice too in this line for around 2 years. Perhaps I can share a little bit of experience i have...

You can find chiller and freezer showcases in typical supermart retail ref system.
For chiller, we use 4 tier multideck (2.0m) in Asia countries, serve over/ self service counter, semi vertical multideck (1.5mH)
For freezer, we use double well island freezer, single well island freezer or Multideck freezer (2.0mH)

Typical parts of a showcase would of course an evaporator, fan, defrost heater, anti-condensation heater, drain pan heater, electrical terminal box (fan, light switches, defrost & fan contactor, relay output for SV ), TXV, 2 thermostat (Defrost thermostat and air thermostat), electronic or mech controller, temperature display

Then each of every case (or 2 showcases), a solenoid valve is placed to on/off liquid flow based on thermostat signal using mechanical TXV. Of course, you also find FAMOUS danfoss rep who specs in their Electronic expansion valve that replace a SV and TXV in hypermarket over here.

On piping part, we normally use pre-insulated copper piping cladded with GI sheet for suction line and hard drawn cu for liquid line. Unless we have economiser (2 stage compressor or screw compressor for LT app), liquid line is not insulated.

The heart of the ref system lies with the multiple compressor set. We use 2 rack, chiller and freezer rack and the number of compressor depends on capacity required and defrost group. Capacity of showcase is rated based on 25 deg C/70% RH. On a rack, you would have suction & discharge header, compressors, oil separator, oil cooler (opt), liquid receiver, liquid level indicator, sight glass, suction filter core, liquid filter drier and such.

Compressor and condenser fan motor is controller by rack controller (Danfoss, Eliwell...). Models depends on quantities of output required. Control parameter is pressure, so 2 transducer here, suction and discharge. Cut in/out is based on neutral zone setting (+2 deg).

The list goes on and on...

Rgds,
Kevin

firestorm_88
15-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Thx a lot form all the effort form u guys ...
learn alot from u all ....

:) :)

firestorm_88
16-08-2005, 03:44 PM
erm ... i have 1 more question too ask ...
mayb i know wad is the material use to make the internal body of a frigde ...
i want those white in colour wan ...
thx

Kevin Yeo
16-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Dear Firestorm

The white colour insulation material is polystyrene. It is however mostly used in chiller application and you normally find brownish form called polyurethane in freezer application.

In both application, mixture of chemical is allowed to expand to form showcase body.

firestorm_88
21-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Dear Kevin :
Thx u so much for all your info ... & have almost finishinng my report woth all of ur help here .... :):):)

Peter_1
21-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Post your report so that we all can learn perhaps something from it.