PDA

View Full Version : PVE Oil for Sanyo mini split

johnnyLaw
06-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello All!

Thanks to the community for providing such a valuable place for HVAC information!

Okay, so here is the question. I have just purchased a Sanyo mini split unit 24k btu with low ambient (to zero degrees) to replace the identical model that has been burned out for over a month.

It says that I should use PVE as the refrigerant oil to connect the lineset. My question is, where can I buy this? After talking with two of the supply houses here in Atlanta, they claim they don't know any difference between the oil and they only sell one kind!!!! NOw, I know that there are plenty of R410a systems out there so I doubt that all the contractors are using mineral oil on these systems.

Can someone please recommend where I can buy a very small amount of PVE based oil online or in Atlanta locally? Thank you! I've been searching for some time and to no avail. This can't be this hard!

stufus
06-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Try google Idemitsu Lubricants America. They offer a free sample of PVE

Regards Stu

johnnyLaw
06-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Try google Idemitsu Lubricants America. They offer a free sample of PVE

Regards Stu

Thanks very much Stu!

For everyone's info, if you would like a free sample of PVE lubricant for your R410a systems, please email customerservice@ILAcorp.com with your request. Cheers!
:D

stufus
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
The best stuff ,is free stuff !!!!

techguy
14-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys

Sanyo oil is usually Vs68 second oil when purchasing it make sure the Viscosity is correct. Some PVE oils are 28 or 32 seconds which are unsuitable for SANYO equipment

T