PDA

View Full Version : water cooling coil design

Lc_shi
12-08-2005, 08:08 AM
anybody here has experience or know the topic of water cooling coil (dehumidification) design? i need the information.
thx in advance!

rgds
Lichuan

Deejey
12-08-2005, 10:19 AM
do you want to know how to design a chilled water evaporator or are you looking for water flow rates or heat load calculations or how it dehumidifies??

US Iceman
12-08-2005, 02:24 PM
You may want to try to find the information from Carrier. They did publish two books called the Design Manuals. There was a single book contained in these manuals that described the coil use and some application information.

If you are looking for heat transfer design information and coil circuiting, you may have to do some research. I would start with Carrier first and then an on-line research for cooling coil heat transfer.

Best Regards,
US Iceman

Lc_shi
13-08-2005, 07:38 AM
thx for Deejey and Iceman
I've got one USAcoil software and used it for primary select and calculate by ASHRAE handbook to confirm it again. The final judge is by test in our lab . The heat exchanger design is a topic heavily depending on the test data. I can't search more universal material-:)

rgds
Lichuan

avdheshastri
29-04-2008, 05:35 PM
can anybody give me calculations for chill water coil design for AHU?
or
how to determine chill water coil size in AHU?
or
is there any web link available proviing info about this !!

abbasi
30-04-2008, 09:54 AM
well i suggest you find a book

MARLO COOLING COILS

it is very good though manual calculations are given yet u will know all about coils and for software go to

www.spccoils.co.uk