PDA

View Full Version : Daiken Ac

Goodland
30-12-2010, 10:33 PM
im new here and not an Expert of any sort Just a normal customer looking to install a heating Solution to thier new home.

now my Question is i got an offer to install a VRV3 system by daiken. My main concern is comparing this to Inverter AC, in heating mode would i get cold air inside the house when the AC goes into Defrost cycle or not? and how Efficient the system would be?

more over we don't have that cold winter in here it will be for about 20 days of the year with temps 0 Celsius would the system maintain the COP they had in the Brochure.

Any thoughts are welcome and thanks :)

mchild
31-12-2010, 12:28 AM
im new here and not an Expert of any sort Just a normal customer looking to install a heating Solution to thier new home.

now my Question is i got an offer to install a VRV3 system by daiken. My main concern is comparing this to Inverter AC, in heating mode would i get cold air inside the house when the AC goes into Defrost cycle or not? and how Efficient the system would be?

more over we don't have that cold winter in here it will be for about 20 days of the year with temps 0 Celsius would the system maintain the COP they had in the Brochure.

Any thoughts are welcome and thanks :)

Welcome Goodland,

The Daikin system you are considering is one of the top of the line systems available world wide and is an inverter driven compressor system. As a heat pump it reverses the flow of the refrigerant in the winter to put heat into your home. If the installing company sizes it correctly it will produce all the heat you need and at even lower temps than you normally have.

Goodland
31-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks mchild for your respond i will seek details of the offer and post them here to see if its correctly sized and what not i need to be doing my home work good because of the high cost of such system i dont want to be spend money and not getting to where i want !!

anyway Thank you and happy new year

mchild
31-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks mchild for your respond i will seek details of the offer and post them here to see if its correctly sized and what not i need to be doing my home work good because of the high cost of such system i dont want to be spend money and not getting to where i want !!

anyway Thank you and happy new year

I failed to mention earlier that the indoor blower goes off during the defrost cycle so there is no cold air blowing. Good luck.

Obi Wan
01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Just a point to remember, that on the VRV III heat recovery system the defrost control is very different compared to VRV II or any VRV system before that.
On the VRV III each outdoor coil is defrosted one at a time. This means that you will not lose all heating capacity during the defrost cycle. Indoor units will continue to heat albeit at a reduced capacity. Much better that not having any heating while the system is busy defrosting.

Best regards

Obi Wan.

Goodland
02-01-2011, 01:08 AM
i will be having more details on everything hopefully by Monday but ideally the house in question is 200 m2 well insulated and double glassed, in tons or KW whats the capacity of the outdoor unit needed to have it running smoothly and efficient ?

Goodland
02-01-2011, 01:09 AM
:/ i cant edit my own posts !! anyway also i wont be using Heat Recovery VRV , the system i quoted is only capable of cooling or heating VRV III

johno1953
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
hi guys im also new to game. im working on daikin vrv inverter,on full heating cycle,gauges are reading 14bar on suction and 8bar on discharge. the suction pipe is hot leaving the condensor but air coming out at fcu is cold any ideas. thanks john1953

wozza
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
hi guys im also new to game. im working on daikin vrv inverter,on full heating cycle,gauges are reading 14bar on suction and 8bar on discharge. the suction pipe is hot leaving the condensor but air coming out at fcu is cold any ideas. thanks john1953

Is it a heat pump or heat recovery?

What are the discharge and suction temperatures?

mchild
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi,

Just a point to remember, that on the VRV III heat recovery system the defrost control is very different compared to VRV II or any VRV system before that.
On the VRV III each outdoor coil is defrosted one at a time. This means that you will not lose all heating capacity during the defrost cycle. Indoor units will continue to heat albeit at a reduced capacity. Much better that not having any heating while the system is busy defrosting.

Best regards

Obi Wan.

Obi Wan,
I assumed Goodland would be using a VRV-S model but thank you for that clarification.

Glad to see you posting as it seems like it has been a long time since you were on this forum. You are always a world of knowledge.

Obi Wan
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi MChild,

Good to hear from you, How is life in the USA...Is your VRV Mini still working at its best?

Best Wishes

Obi Wan.

mchild
05-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi MChild,

Good to hear from you, How is life in the USA...Is your VRV Mini still working at its best?

Best Wishes

Obi Wan.

Obi Wan,

You have a PM.

Goodland
06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
okay so the Contractor suggested that we need 14 Hp model Number RXYQ14PA, on 6 indoors units, the space its gona be heated/cooled is about 200m2 is this pump good enough for cold days when External temps is about 0c ?

and also when it do defrost, as this is a single outdoor unit, what happens to the internal one would they blow cold air or just shut ?

Thanks

Obi Wan
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
okay so the Contractor suggested that we need 14 Hp model Number RXYQ14PA, on 6 indoors units, the space its gona be heated/cooled is about 200m2 is this pump good enough for cold days when External temps is about 0c ?

and also when it do defrost, as this is a single outdoor unit, what happens to the internal one would they blow cold air or just shut ?

Thanks

Can you give us the model number of the indoor units?

Goodland
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Indoor Units :
1- FXFQ125P9
2- FXFQ40p9 <<< 3 of those
3- FXFQ50P9
4-FXSQ125P

Obi Wan
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Indoor Units :
1- FXFQ125P9
2- FXFQ40p9 <<< 3 of those
3- FXFQ50P9
4-FXSQ125P

Ok so lets work this out.

Indoor units Index
FXFQ125P9 125
FXFQ40P9 40
FXFQ40P9 40
FXFQ40P9 40
FXFQ50P9 50
FXSQ125P 125

Total index 420

Outdoor unit
RXYQ14P maximum index @ 130% = 455

455/1.3 = index @ 100% = 350

420/350 = 1.2 x 100 = actual connected index of 120%

Now look in the data book under heating capacity for RXYQ14P with;
ambient temp at 0°C
indoor temp at say 16°C
with a connection ratio of 120%
(see attached)

It gives you total heating capacity of 40.4kW or 40400 watts

Now 404000 / 200 m² Floor space = 202 watts per 1m² assuming everything is working flat out.

More than enough I think. But if you don’t install remote room sensors for each indoor unit you may need a thick coat….:D

Regards

Obi Wan

Goodland
07-01-2011, 12:13 AM
More than enough I think. But if you don’t install remote room sensors for each indoor unit you may need a thick coat….:D

Regards

Obi Wan

LOL mate

the senors are BRC1D52

and got couple of Questions...

so if the outdoor unit Goes into defrost the indoor units will blow cold air or will just stop, in other words how it will do defrost ??? using Aux heaters or just revers cycle

and if we used 2 small outdoor units would it be more efficient on the electricity bill.

and as this is going to be used for home is it better to use outdoor air to keep the air quality good or no ?

Thanks mate you are officially my hero atm :D

Obi Wan
08-01-2011, 02:13 PM
so if the outdoor unit Goes into defrost the indoor units will blow cold air or will just stop, in other words how it will do defrost ??? using Aux heaters or just revers cycle

When the outdoor unit perform the defrost cycle, the fans will automatically stop on the indoor units. The defrost function will switch the outdoor heat exchanger from evaporator to condenser automatically and then back again when compete. See the attached.

and if we used 2 small outdoor units would it be more efficient on the electricity bill.

The RXYQ12P has 1 x inverter compressor (speeds up and down as load is required) and 1 x direct-on-line compressor (is either on or off)

To replace with 2 smaller outdoor units you will need to have
RXYQ5P (1 x inverter compressor)
RXYQ8P (1 x inverter compressor)

RXYQ12P has a COP of 3.97 (coefficient of power)
RXYQ5P has a COP of 4.00
RXYQ8P has a COP of 4.50

So yes two systems, would be more energy efficient than one. But the cost to install will be higher. The added bonus of installing two systems is in case there is a problem say with the outdoor unit, you will not lose all heating capacity, which may be important for residential application.

and as this is going to be used for home is it better to use outdoor air to keep the air quality good or no ?

I assume you are talking about ventilation. I would recommend that you investigate the Daikin VKM—GV1 heat reclaim ventilation unit. This will provide fresh air and extract air, but will also recover heat from extract air to fresh air. In addition you can also connect it to the VRV system to further heat or cool the supply air. It has an integrated XD coil and controls.

Hope that helps.

Obi Wan