PDA

View Full Version : fujitsu aircon asta09lcc problems

bjsmdark
30-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Turned on the air con today and it flicked the safety switch. Then once I got the safety switch back on, the air con was flashing some sort of light code. Red light and Green light flashing four times then stop, then the same again. Can't turn it off just keeps flashing. Anyone know what this might mean.

Thanks

Sonya

paul_h
30-12-2010, 08:41 AM
If both are flashing 4 times each, it means the power has been cut (power interuption error) so turm it off again for 5min and retry.

If the red is steady on, and green 4 flash only, it's comms error, a circuit board is dead. It means call repair agent / warranty.

mikeref
31-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Do you have Gecko's in the house? Them and small frogs can setup house inside a/c's especially if a/c has not been used for some time. Result is electrified critters and burnt out electrics.. Not good.

ozairman
05-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Make sure you reset the error memory before turning the power off for five minutes. Lift up the filter cover on the indoor unit then press and hold down the Manual/Auto button for about 5 seconds then reset the power and try it again.

7258james
02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi mate, I have a similar problem with a Fujitsu of the same model...I was wondering if you could tell me does the outdoor unit only get power to it once the cooling call is initated? Or is it constantly on standby..if so does the Red Led on the outdoor board stay steady indicating power? Is the binary code communication 12-24vdc? or something else. many thanks cheers

ozairman
02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
The small ASTAnnLCC series which come out of the factory with a cord and plug on the indoor unit only energise the outdoor unit on cooling or heating demand. There is a power relay in the indoor unit which engages when the unit wants cooling or heating and the outdoor unit has about twenty seconds to power up and start communicating back to the indoor. If it doesn't the indoor unit will drop the power relay and de-energise the outdoor unit and come up with a 2 x Green (Timer) flash error code.

The communication is a binary code but works on a chopped up AC sinewave with the Neutral wire as the reference point. The peaks of the sinewave are chopped to represent 0 and allowed to pass to represent 1, one half of the sinewave is used for indoor -> outdoor communication and the other half for indoor <- outdoor communication.

HTH

luboboi
02-02-2011, 06:57 PM
defecation as this is a problem in the internal circuit
problem with power. try to restart

paul_h
02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi mate, I have a similar problem with a Fujitsu of the same model...I was wondering if you could tell me does the outdoor unit only get power to it once the cooling call is initated? Or is it constantly on standby..if so does the Red Led on the outdoor board stay steady indicating power? Is the binary code communication 12-24vdc? or something else. many thanks cheers
Any a/c that has mains power to the indoor unit normally has the outdoor completely unpowered on default by design.
Be it inverter (eg 2kw-5kw) or conventional (like some old 6kw with a 15-20A plug with no outdoor sump heater).
So the outdoor is powered up only on demand.
Fujitsu comms are ~50-110Vac The indoor and the outdoor both put out ~25-55 each out of phase so both together should read 50-110V as a constantly varying reading

7258james
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Paul H in regard to your answer. I deal mainly with Mitsubishi Electric Inverter systems and getting my head around the fujitsu setup is quite odd especially since I only have vague service manuals..... i see a lot of similarities tell me have you seen instances where the Power board module...the board that connects to the main pcb then which connects to the compressor terminal receive a short and then track back through the electronics to the main pcb? Is there a definite test there...such as a diode test? Any help in diagnostic procedures would be a great help. Thanks

paul_h
03-02-2011, 02:36 PM
With the fujitsus, it's mainly either the active filter module faulty, or the diode bridge faulty.
Fujitsu is based on mitsubishi anyway. Mits IPMs and compressors that is. Even the old daikins were similar.
It's the newer stuff more integrated without separate modules that scare me these days, like modern daikin or pana.

There's an old thread around with practical ramblings by me and proper info from nike123 that I'll search for and edit this post with later.

edit: This was the thread I was thinking off http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15069&highlight=fujitsu

But don't mind me, I've forgotten more than I knew in the time since as I don't see much of fujitsu anymore.
I see the odd one or two, but mainly install pana or MHI these days, or repair sharp or teco.
I just see the rare old fujitsu, mits, LG, samsung, pana or daikin for repair these days. I'm well out of the loop.