PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in need of advice ....

Rx7joker
30-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Hi guys,
I've been reading the forums, doing some major research, and getting some pretty good advice from the veterans. I'm epa cert. Universal and working with my father in his business of A/C and refrigeration for about a year, but really most of my life lol. I really want to get to now the business alot better and hopefully take it a step further then my father. My fathers a GC but never went to school for it. I'm wondering if its worth going to one of these technical schools and what im going to get out of it? Or just hit the books on my own... Just keep in mind I'm from florida. Thanks

Tesla
30-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Hi Rx7joker and welcome to our forum.
If you are young and have the opportunity and interest I would encourage you to take on further education. It will be much easier when you are young with less responsibilities. How ever I am not familiar with the courses available to you. And consider the real cost of the course verses the future benefits, like loss of income and increased earnings potential (compounding) and increased knowledge. Books are essential as well, especially as reference and new areas.
Best of luck with either decision you choose.