PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Cool Force
29-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi, just wanted to know whether you guys think it's a good idea to put prices on an advert, or let the people call.

Abe
29-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I would not put prices, unless you selling baked beans

Steve Wright
30-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Too many variables to give pricing, unless it is a specific sale item like a Tstat, air cleaner, or something like that used as a leader.

MilosBog
30-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Just do the pricing with 20% more ...and if somebody calls give him 20% less. In that way the customers will know what is the roughly price and if they call they will know what to expect...If there are no prices, anybody shall call you ant that is hell lot of work.. so it is up to you...

lawrence1
31-12-2010, 10:50 AM
cool force,
If you advertise your prices you'll find people will use your advertised price as a bargining guide/tool and use that cost to drive the competition down,you will not win in the long term.I think it's best to advertise yourself as fully licensed/quaified and go from there.
Lawrie.

PRESS
31-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi,

It is not good practice to advertise your prices for various reasons. The nature of engineering work is that we price based on time and material spent on a job. However you can get a lot of insight from www.forentrepreneurs.com (http://www.forentrepreneurs.com) under their marketing resauces.

Keep well

Cool Force
12-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the advice. It's just that alot of people here just want the absolute cheapest (crap) units, which I don't do. They seem to be the majority that calls me for quotes, & it's annoying. I go on & on about how important quality & technical back-up is, but they just want the cheapest, even if it's by a small margin.

Here in SA the crap-unit-brigade seems to be taking over, led by AUX, then Breez,Daytek,HISuper,Airetronic,CoolTech etc.

SeanB
18-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Frustrating, but try to build your brand based on customer support, back-up and referral by others. This will help in the long run in getting your name out there, and will bring repeat business. Tomorrow will probably be good for business in PMB, it is going to be a hot day there....... Keep hydrated and stay in the shade where possible, and wear a hat.