PDA

View Full Version : ult refrigeration training

bish187
28-12-2010, 11:16 AM
hello
i work for a ult freezer manufacturer in the uk and am interested in getting into there engineering division, could anybody tell me if there is a training program available from any companies or would i have to start basic training eg i see hrp offer training is this course any good for what im looking for as these tend to be single stage courses and not two stage ultra low systems

kind regards

bish187

install monkey
28-12-2010, 01:36 PM
denley life sciences in colchester used to do a 2 day training-dont know if theyve been bought out by anyone.

bish187
28-12-2010, 08:07 PM
thanks for the reply
the company has been bought out by thermo fisher i am aware they are a large seller of ult freezers i will take a trip down there tomorrow to see what they say

regards

jcook1982
30-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Thermo Fisher is the world wide leader in this market. SANYO biomedical also offers these type of products. I can talk with my contacts and see if they offer comprehensive training on this type of equipment. Message me and I can get you the info. I know here in USA we cover enough about ULT to allow you to work on most units.

richardb14
13-07-2011, 10:27 PM
its a tough one, all the guys I know who work on ULT's have obviously had good refrigeration knowledge before attempting it, you can pick up some stuff yourself but most is hands on or learned from other engineers in the sector, I make it sound like there is loads of ULT engineers when in fact there is a mere handfull, hence the lack of training available.

you may want to try these guys as well: http://www.tasltd.co.uk/

but I think you'd really need to either jump in feet first or poss do a few weeks as a labourer / sidekick for no wages.

But like I say if you have good practical refrigeration experience you should pick up the theory ok, dont over complicate it, it really isnt that difficult, it's very enjoyable and I think very rewarding.