PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Mistral Frost Free... Again...

philmj1966
27-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Good afternoon all,

I have browsed this forum and found some useful tips but haven't quite fixed my fridge/freezer problem, largely because I do not understand the logic of the cooling/freeze cycle.

Here goes: as for many others here, my Hotpoint fridge/freezer appears to reach the programmed -22 in the freezer section, but doesn't cool down the upper fridge section (+17 to +19 displayed).

I quickly established that the issue was about the fan cutting off and not flowing cold air upstream. The fan's motor, the door switch and overall refrigeration system seem clean and operating.

I have also found that by leaving the yellow temperature sensor disconnected (in the freezer section, generating error E7 on the display), the fan could operate and wouldn't cut off. At this stage I have left the sensor disconnected to see if I can get the fridge's temperature down.

I though at first that the issue was about the contacts on the yellow connector, fixed them to no avail. Then realised that this temperature sensor is actually reading the freezer's temperature (which doesn't appear on the display any longer).

Hence the confusion, and my questions:

- Why would the fan be triggered by the freezer's temperature reading? Does it not only serve the purpose of cooling down the upper fridge section?

- Since there doesn't appear to be any issue with the yellow and green connectors (temperatures read in both compartments), or with the fan itself, how do I explain that the fan cuts off when everything is in place? Is this an issue with the appliance's overall controls, and where should I look next?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Philippe

BadMechanic
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
ive quickly come to the conclusion this site is a pile of nonsense. no one actually knows what they are talking about in a "matter of fact" way. People just throw rehashed nonsense at you. if you want some facts, ask a shop that sells spares, if they arent D**ks they will help you.

chillerman2006
01-10-2011, 04:30 PM
ive quickly come to the conclusion this site is a pile of nonsense. no one actually knows what they are talking about in a "matter of fact" way. People just throw rehashed nonsense at you. if you want some facts, ask a shop that sells spares, if they arent D**ks they will help you.

I came to the conclusion your a prize dic*khead, long before your wrong conclusion nobby

There are some exceptional engineers and designers on this site

But you wont find any messing with domestics...if domestic dont work through it in the bin & buy a new one

Your posts and comments just show you are need of an asylum

Grizzly
01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Well said CM.

Although I am surprised that you bothered to answer.
Some guys get their kicks slagging people off.
Especially when they cannot even be bothered to post their own details but spurious ones!

Hey Ho!

I guess the fact that an answer was generated is sport for someone?

Grizzly

tonto33
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM
replace the green and yellow senors

install monkey
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Oooh big words- if the site is so bad why post a question?
Cillerman have u taken ur blue pill as you seem very quiet lately!
Hows the new job?? Oops off topic

chillerman2006
01-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Oooh big words- if the site is so bad why post a question?
Cillerman have u taken ur blue pill as you seem very quiet lately!
Hows the new job?? Oops off topic

Install

you must have burped and releived some of that lager gas whilst typeing
or you have me confused for a liverpudlian elderly strawberry blonde
Ciller black, but sure she she no man
me no need blue pills just a little cutey and everything works just fine haha

R's chillerman

install monkey
01-10-2011, 11:25 PM
sticky keys!!!! - tip,flirting with women in the office can end in disaster,when they get the hump ur getting callouts at 4pm when theyve been logged 2hrs ago!!! oops empty can need another

Install

you must have burped and releived some of that lager gas whilst typeing
or you have me confused for a liverpudlian elderly strawberry blonde
Ciller black, but sure she she no man
me no need blue pills just a little cutey and everything works just fine haha

R's chillerman

chillerman2006
01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
sticky keys!!!! - tip,flirting with women in the office can end in disaster,when they get the hump ur getting callouts at 4pm when theyve been logged 2hrs ago!!! oops empty can need another

Haha

Dont accept callouts (or overtime) unless my turn on call

And then I dont leave home till 8:00 instead of 5:30

If they dont like it - tuff

R's chillerman

install monkey
01-10-2011, 11:48 PM
should have stuck with that horse

chillerman2006
02-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Nah ! that was costing me lots of hay but no ride

install monkey
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
it will need to be a crash course if u only got 6wks as u dont want to find ur mojo for when the swamp donkey returns in 6 wk time- dig them lucky undies out!!!

Haha

argh thats all covered mate, is temping only for another 6 weeks
so wam bam thankyou pam, given half a chance anyway
the way my fishing is going lately, the bam will be the handbag
round me head....am gonna sign up for simons I got a sore todger, chav training course soon

R's chillerman

spimps
02-10-2011, 05:32 PM
" Why would the fan be triggered by the freezer's temperature reading? Does it not only serve the purpose of cooling down the upper fridge section?"
Reason the fan is temp controlled is that after a defrost there will be water droplets possibly still on the evaporator,therefore the evaporator temp has to drop to -12cis to ensure that all water droplets are frozen before the fan is restarted,if it started straight away it could theroretically blow water vapour around the freezer and up into the friidge,so reduces chance of frost forming on food in freezer and any "nasties"being blown up into the refigerator section where they could settle on uncovered food etc.
Having said that have bye passed and connected the fan direct to get folks over a weekend etc till new parts arrive.
It blows air around freezer so that temps are the same on all shelves.
BG