PDA

View Full Version : Defrost Timer

ferent
27-12-2010, 05:10 AM
My Daewoo Refrigerator Multi Flow model FR 386 has a defective defrost timer and I cannot find an genuine Daewoo defrost timer. Would a universal defrost timer be ok to use as replacement? how would I be able to know if a universal timer fit as replacement?

PRESS
27-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi,

You can retrofit a defrost timer easily with any other type as long as you know the following:

1. Number of cycles required.
2. Timer coil voltage.

This should be able to help you with retrofit selection.

Good luck

Royal241
29-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Right said

mikeref
29-12-2010, 05:08 AM
Hi,

You can retrofit a defrost timer easily with any other type as long as you know the following:

1. Number of cycles required.
2. Timer coil voltage.

This should be able to help you with retrofit selection.

Good luck
Timers have different durations as well. They can vary from 8 to 25 mins.. mike.

Rudi quattrox
20-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Hello,
I'm still new here but let me give you one thing I know to you.
I agree with what was said by PRESS and mikeref, I want to add some more things that you should make sure if the size, number, position and function of each connector was exactly the same as its original timer.
I have a lot to see that many refrigerators in my country (of course also his Daewoo) using universal timers like Sankyo timer and I hope its no different for the refrigerator in your country :).

tonyelian
25-01-2011, 08:46 PM
ihi
first of all how did you know that your timer is defective daewoo timer motor works in series with defrost heater so if it did not work it may a defective heater any way its motor stops during defrost so no accurate time for defrost the current came back to the timer motor when defrost switch opens wait for fifteen minutes and the compressor starts again hope that help