PDA

View Full Version : Carrier technicians please help!

Morne
25-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Carrier 30GX chiller:confused:
Guys i got this chiller, and for some reason it is running in "overide". I looked on the connection therminal no 73 and 74 and it is not connected. I also looked at inputs menu 2 (no4) and it shows it is in the open position. And in setpoints menu(2) no5 it is set at 100%. Any ideas what i am missing?

Gibbo
26-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Override covers a multitude of conditions such as low saturated suction temps, high discharge pressures low discharge superheat etc .
Basically the chiller circuit concerned won't allow any extra capacity to load up and in some cases will unload capacity so maybe if you gave us a log of what the chiller is doing we might be able to help.
exv position
sat suction temp
discharge pressure
discharge superheat
water in
water out
circuit capacity
total capacity

What is the chiller doing that makes you think their is a problem.

Morne
27-12-2010, 05:31 PM
I wil have a look at al that and give you some feedback. The return water goes up to 17deg c. but comp.(a) does not start. If i put comp(b) in a alarm, then comp(a) start up. Then i reset the alarm comp(b) and the chiller runs good until it cycle on temp. The leaving water goes down to 5deg c Then the problem just repeat itself. The chiller does not give an alarm, it just runs on a overide(limit) whitch cause the unit not to run at full cappasity

Gibbo
27-12-2010, 06:30 PM
So if A circuit runs ok when B circuit is forced into alarm, have you tried putting A circuit into alarm and see if B circuit loads up.
Let the water temp get high so their is plenty of load then start to log the chiller. With your log you will get a idea whats happening.
Forgot to mention check the motor temp as well when you do your log.
I forgot to ask if you have a controls manual.

james10
28-12-2010, 06:18 PM
if the chw load is not constant the unit will not load up 100% as the unit see's the temp dropping quickly and ticks over