PDA

View Full Version : Trane CGCE207 Problems

AWCarillion
08-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Trane CGCE207 Chillers

Having some problems with the above model.
1. Unit trips on h/p when first run, seems to settle after several re-starts.
2. Unit trips out on 'antifreeze', does anyone know the antifreeze seting and if/how these can be adjusted?

We have 2 units duty/standby running approx at 2degC flow and about 6degC return, 15% glycol.

Also anyone know wher i can get a service manual for the above?

Brian_UK
08-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi AW, welcome to the forum.

Which part of the world are you in ?, you profile doesn't list your location.

Tranes' website search facility is off-line at the moment so am not sure what they have available on that chiller.

Perhaps you could try there yourself, if you haven't already done so.

http://www.trane.com

FreezerGeezer
09-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Welcome AW.

If there's nothing on the web, try your local Trane office. They can almost certainly provide you with a manual, although they may well charge an admin. fee, specially for older units. In the U.K. they used to charge £50 a manual - not sure what it is now.
If you're in the U.K, I'd suggest ringing their Service technical support. It's free & they're usually pretty helpful, unless they think you're a chancer or dangerously un-knowlegable about what you're doing. Not that I'm suggesting you are, you understand.
IIRC (years since I worked on one), this model had an antifreeze thermostat. If the wiring diagram is still in the machine, you should be able to see from the key which 'bit' it is. And then the items themselves are labelled with the same reference as in the key, unless someone's replaced them in the past, of course. The 'stat just had an adjustment knob on it. As to what you should set the 'stat to, I don't know the answer with glycol in the system. I'd imagine set it for 3 or 4 degreees below your water temp. set point, but I'm sure one of the others here can give you a better answer.
Bear in mind that the 'stat may be faulty or there may be a wiring fault and that's why it's cutting out.
As for the H.P. trip, there's a lot of things that can cause it. The ambient air temp. could be very high, the condenser could be choked with dust & dirt, or even a high water temp. can cause it on those machines.

tanov
12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Hello,dear.I have problem with this chiller.Bad colege is set off side"B".I select position "B" ,work side "A".
I select side "A" work A.I select side"A+B" work only "A".May be he blocked with jumpers.HELP me please.
Thanks.

CV_Geardrive
16-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Hi AWCarillion and Tanov,
I suppose that your chiller has 4 scroll compressors running with R22 and have SCM controller with 2 circuits.
About selector switch most probably the controller had E2PROM failure (HARD 4 (HRD4)). You have to reprogram it.
About antifreeze please check integrity of water sensor.
About HP please check also that your HP switch is well operating.
Also this unit must have a two speed centrifugal fan. Check its operation.
I have send you both the service manual of SCM but I had a delivery failure for AWCarillion. Please check your account.
Usually these units have 5°C differential temperature at 7°C water outlet with no glycol in the system and about 5°C approach.
In 2°C water outlet and 15% glycol in the system the approach should be something between 5,5°C and 6°C.
If you have a dead band +- 1,5 means that the unit will stop at 0,5°C – 6°approach = -5,5°C saturated temperature in evaporator.
If you have ethylene glycol 15% means -5,8°C freeze point. If you have propylene glycol 15% means -4,9°C.
You can understand that you are crossing the line of safe operation.
If you have ethylene glycol I suggest you to have 22% (Freeze point -9,6°C) and if you have propylene glycol I suggest you to have 25% (Freeze point -9,6°C)
Regards,
CV

CV_Geardrive
16-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Sorry, I didn’t see the original post date!!!

tanov
16-08-2011, 10:25 AM
how I can programming it most easy

tanov
16-08-2011, 10:27 AM
with programmer for eeprom or with program key?
Have there two chip eeprom same?

tanov
16-08-2011, 10:28 AM
From where I an download dump ?

CV_Geardrive
16-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi,
Please check your email. I have send you the programming guide.
Regards,
CV

tanov
17-08-2011, 07:08 AM
please try again CLIMA@MAIL.BG.
I can not receive.

CV_Geardrive
17-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Mail send.
CV

tanov
21-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Perfect.you are the best.thank you very much.you decided very important problem.