PDA

View Full Version : social groups

paul_h
25-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I know these forums enable the public messages and other advanced features of vbulletin, so how about user groups subforums where other conversations can be made?

Eg there's a non trade USA based forum I go to where members can create a group. People join and can visit that simple subforum to discuss local issues and topics whether it be regional or equipment.
Could even be of topic subforums like motorcycles or philosophy. Or NE UK guy sharing customers if they are too busy, SW UK guy knowing the customer he has also requires SE contractor and could pass the details on to someone he knows is in that area due to the social group he's in, but wouldn't otherwise know because the other guy wouldn't let on in such large public forums openly.

edit: OK, every time I tried to post my full thread, the site refused to load it. Tried 4 times
I did a qiuck "test 10char what bit me", new thread created fine.
So edited with the full content, fail again with an error.
Cut and paste the thread with half my post, and it worked, but the software has deleted the half I didn't cut, lost forever.
So this is the half that is left, so feel free to work out what I meant and ask questions if you need to, because I can't remember the other half right now.

Dammit, I had to be NYE type drunk to even work it out myself, they already exist: http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/group.php