PDA

View Full Version : need help

sean1
07-08-2005, 09:10 PM
hi everyone this is my first thread
the problem i have is this i have a couple of bottle coolers in our service room from pubs that we have changed the compressors on both are
r134a but they wont come bellow 12degrees celcius the suction pressure is 4bar and high side 15 the condenser is not blocked the fans all work and the evaporator plate frosts all over we have changed the compressor on one twice and vacked overnite but still the same problem any reply much appreciated

Latte
07-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi Sean1,

Sounds like they are overcharged, was the gas weighed in.

Most bottle coolers blow compressors because they are stuck under counters with no airflow.

Personally i would reclaim the gas, change drier, vac out and regas weighing it in.

Should sort the problem out

Regards

Fatboy

chillin out
07-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi Sean

I would have to agree with fatboy, it sounds like it`s overcharged......... maybe because the capillary is blocked??

Check cap, change drier and weight the gas in
:) :)

sean1
08-08-2005, 09:16 AM
cheers guys the gas was nt weighed in they were filled by comparing temp and pressure we did remove some gas but they still had the same problem i will try what you suggested hopefully it will sort it out it really buggin me now

sean1
10-08-2005, 08:31 PM
hi guys done what u sugested u were right found block in cap was able to unblock using ofn thanks 4 ur help

chemi-cool
11-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi sean1,

Make it a regular check on systems run on 134, to always check the cap tube as they tend to get blocked very quick.

Chemi:)

sean1
11-08-2005, 08:38 AM
cheers chemi what makes it more likely on a r134a systems is it just to do with the properties of the refrigerant?