PDA

View Full Version : What did you do for your Xmas function?

flyinkiwi
24-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Followed the time-honoured fridgie tradition of knocking off at lunchtime on xmas eve, getting drunk and building (and firing!) acetylene cannon!

Needless to say my staff and I are slightly deaf tonight!

PS Distance record is 150m, firing a 1" stone.

Quality
24-12-2010, 07:04 AM
We all went snow boarding then got drunk

very drunk

flyinkiwi
24-12-2010, 07:30 AM
We all went snow boarding then got drunk

very drunk

As you do!

Haha! Not like you had to go very far to go snow-boarding!

lawrence1
24-12-2010, 07:37 AM
is snow that cold wet white stuff?

Quality
24-12-2010, 07:40 AM
is snow that cold wet white stuff?
Yes and it bloody hurt sometimes

flyinkiwi
24-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Yes and it bloody hurt sometimes

Drink more. You'll feel less.

paul_h
24-12-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm self employed, so I just finished work at 4pm, drank some beer, watered the garden, drank some beer, watched some TopGear on the PC :cool:

hyperion
24-12-2010, 09:33 AM
I like your controlled approach Paul. Have a good one.

chemi-cool
24-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll have a few beers tonight for you guys.

Enjoy your Christmas.

james10
24-12-2010, 09:51 AM
We didn't have one we got an extra days holiday instead:D

glenn1340
24-12-2010, 05:35 PM
As my boss is a miserable b`stard we`ve not had a "do" for the last three years. All we get is some cheap wine. He owns a wine import company amongst other things so he gets the wine even cheaper.
Christmas? bah, humbug.

monkey spanners
24-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm self employed so i had a 160 mile round trip to fit a crank case heater and to drop off some bottles of scotch to customers :D
I was then supposed to have done some shopping but infact called round my mates and got distracted till after the shops shut :o

Now sat with a glass of scotch myself :cool:

I wish you all a happy Christmas and new year and hope you don't get called out on too many breakdowns.

Jon :)

frank
24-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Sitting here in the Caribbean 5 hours behind the UK and been having a few beers in-between rubbing on the lotion
Looking forward to a few more beers later :cool:

Have a good one all

Quality
24-12-2010, 09:25 PM
sounds like yours will be better

all the best

mikeref
24-12-2010, 10:18 PM
christmas function? Ha, preparing and now salvaging tables and chairs that blew around the waterlogged yard this morning as a low grade cyclone went threw. Rain continues to hammer our region... not to worry, plenty of beer to go around. Merry Xmas to all. Mike.:D

stufus
24-12-2010, 11:55 PM
The company i work for wouldn't lay anything on ,so a group of us hooked up in a local bar got extremely drunk ,then when the bars closed spent a couple of hours making well endowed snowmen and pelting eachother with snowballs !!
What is it about alcohol that turns drunk men into school kids:o
Oh and i had to wake the wife to get in at 430am because i lost my keys in the snow:mad:

jjthefridge
26-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi,
i spent most of christmas eve in bed, out on an all nighter in local supermarket night before, then christmas eve on-wards with a lovely dose of flu.

Living the dream, i don't think, oh well next week another year and let the good times roll.

:confused:

superswill
28-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I went to the works Christmas disco

they played twist and shout

so I did

they played jump around

so i did

they played come on Eileen

i got kicked out

Quality
28-12-2010, 08:01 PM

so I did

they played jump around

so i did

i got kicked out

First Class:D

Tayters
30-12-2010, 11:04 AM

so I did

they played jump around

so i did

i got kicked out

Bet you're glad then the DJ didn't play I'm Coming Out by Diana Ross...

stufus
30-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Bet you're glad then the DJ didn't play I'm Coming Out by Diana Ross...

Nice one Tayters !
I think i let a little dribble escape while laughing at that one,:o
This place is better than the Comedy Club:D

Stu

Magoo
31-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi Mikeref.
By now you will be up to your ##ts in water. Very not good. I see Emerald is also flooding, that has to be a worry.
magoo

cadwaladr
31-12-2010, 03:19 AM
went on a train ride with one of my customers and staff from manchester to yorkshire,its a real ale run stopping at stations enroute then the return leg so pi!!!ed 18 pints later what an afternoon

mikeref
31-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Hi Mikeref.
By now you will be up to your ##ts in water. Very not good. I see Emerald is also flooding, that has to be a worry.
magoo
Hi magoo, last saturday(XMas),was when the trouble came through here, but its now serere flooding for Queenslanders south of me. Been watching the news, flood waters covering an area the size of U.K and France, hard to believe eh? I'm living 720m above sea level so runoff from here affects coastal and inland areas. No transport deliveries now so shops are empty. So long as beer gets through;). Sympathy for thoes around the globe affected by events beyond their control, snow, floods, fires, earthquakes...to name a few, however its that time again to change the calendar and twist the tops off a few brews... Happy New Year To All. WhooHoo!!:).

Magoo
31-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi Everyone
have a happy new year and a properous 2011.