PDA

View Full Version : Present Time!!!

Tayters
22-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Can't give all of you a real pressie due to time and logistical constraints - can't get my backside to the shops...

Still, fear not for I shall give by the notion of imagination. Apologies for those of you who already have this particular 'gift'. I'll try and do better next year.

It's the big day and Chateaux Tayters has reached capacity. Monkey Spanners has just pulled up in his new 18 wheeler, Frank is supping his Harvest Pale, No Nickname and Marc O'Brien are philosophising the merits of switching a neutral cable and Reptile is proudly showing off his F-Gas qualification to a clean shaven 750 Valve.

"All I want is something to test infra-red remote controls." sighed Brian. "Back when I was a lad and they first came out I used to point it at my Cats Whisker and the crackle would prove it was sending a signal. Now the wife has given me this new DAB radio I can enjoy The Archers with more clarity but can't tell a duff remote from a good one." Brian sighed once more. His kpi's were clearly into freefall.

"Here you go then," replied Temprite, "Can't bear to see a man with no way to test a remote, it cuts me deep. Just point your camera phone at it next time and press the buttons on the remote. You'll see the transmitter on the end go white when it works because the camera picks up infra-red."

Grizzly looked on, nodded and quietly murmered, "Hmm, the student shall soon become the master..."

Happy Christmas,

Andy.

Brian_UK
22-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Nice one Andy, seasons greetings to you and yours.

750 Valve
23-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Love your work Andy, appreciate the hospitality at the Chateau Tayters, all the best for the festive season and a happy new year mate

paul_h
23-12-2010, 12:40 PM
750 valve is already clean shaven, and while full respect to grizzly, your memory is faulty and temprite should feel hard done by ;)
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4837

Tayters
26-12-2010, 09:51 PM
750 valve is already clean shaven, and while full respect to grizzly, your memory is faulty and temprite should feel hard done by ;)
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4837

Arrgh, story of my life, late again.

The tale has been changed to reflect Temprites claim to the remote testing crown. Fear not Grizzly, still got a part for you.

750 already clean shaven?? Are you sure?
To me his tache looks like a map of tasmania.;)

Cheers,

Andy.

monkey spanners
26-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Hahaha, Love it!

Jon :D