PDA

View Full Version : Climaveneta chiller problem

expat
22-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone, I have a problem with a Climaveneta water chiller used for air con on a boat.

It has two copeland D4DJ4 300X compressors and the electronic key pad is climaveneta CVM20.

It used to work with comp 2 as master and comp 1 as slave. In hot conditions it ran comp 2 until the chilled water rose above a certain diff over the set point then comp 1 would kick in and and help lower the chilled water until it nearly reached the set point then comp 1 would cut out leaving comp 2 running alone.

Either comp 2 would bring the water temp down to set point or the water temp would rise and comp1 would kick in again.

The chief engineer just called me and says that the system now only runs one compressor at a time even if they are both being asked to run and switches between comp1 and comp 2.

I told him to check the parameters in the menu and make sure that "PRESENCE OF SLAVE" was flagged.

I am awaiting his response and thought I would come here and see if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thanks
Expat

sedgy
22-12-2010, 05:09 PM
hi ex-pat, I must ask has there been any work done since it ran correctly
do both comp, run individualy? are there any , run - stand by- off switches? hope you find the answer, and please come back on to advise US of the outcome, sedgy, ex mn

goshen
25-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi check that the compressor hasent been deactivated from the cvm20 control interface !
this would fit your problem

PRESS
25-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi

Merry Christmas to you. From the look of things here you are ruling out power circuit (hard wiring) problems. I would like to assume then that you have challenges with the software configuration. check if your master and slave parameters are set right. Can you give us feedback on whether the above is set right.

Grizzly
25-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Hello expat.
My details for a CVM20 don't mention any slave / master options.
So I may have an older version.
Are you sure it is a CVM20 controller?
If it is similar to what I have.
Then there are indeed several settings within the program that may have corrupted.
Have "site" had any unexpected power cuts or do you suspect a finger poker?
The simplest option that I can see that might cause what you have is the number of compressors option.
Good luck anyway.
Grizzly