PDA

View Full Version : R407C charging

Kirky
22-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi guys hope all is well.

Hopefullly you can help clear this one up. In the past I have always been told the if a system leaks containing a blend R407C then whatever is left in the system cannot be put back in. On a job recently and was asked why I was charging the system with new gas rather than re using the recovered gas. Was eventually told by the office to reuse the recovered gas and top up is this right

Quality
22-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Some refrigerant producers say you can loose 20 % of the original charge and will be ok if topped up. I have always had my own rule of thumb of 10 % and things have been ok

Kirky
22-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Cheers for that

Gideon Beddows
24-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi guys hope all is well.

Hopefullly you can help clear this one up. In the past I have always been told the if a system leaks containing a blend R407C then whatever is left in the system cannot be put back in. On a job recently and was asked why I was charging the system with new gas rather than re using the recovered gas. Was eventually told by the office to reuse the recovered gas and top up is this right

I do believe that I.C.I. say 50% of the charge can be lost before topping it back up starts to cause problems because of the blend?

But if the system was running prior to repair then the loss will have been all mixed up and in the right proportions so it will be ok.

Maybee a rule of thumb is : if its chargeable, replace the whole gas charge? :D