PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration License

jakb21599
22-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Hello friends, can any one tell me if you have to have (State) Refrigeration license in the State of Georgia? I know that you have to have license for HVAC work, but i was told that you did not have to have them for Refrigeration work. Is this true? Thanks for your help

DrFreezeMD
01-01-2011, 10:52 PM
The best thing to do would be to call the State of Georgia HVACR Board and ask them directly. I know in Maryland a Refrigeration License is required to do that type of work. But why would they license someone doing Air Conditioning work and not Refrigeration work? Just doesn't make sense to me.:p

jakb21599
01-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I have called them since I put that post up. The State of Georgia does not require license to to Refrigeration work. It makes no sense to me either. You have to have HVAC license for A/C work but you don`t for Refrigeration work. Does not make since does it.

DrFreezeMD
02-01-2011, 12:01 AM
No it doesn't make sense since Air Conditioning is Creature Comfort while Refrigeration is the preservation of Food and Beverage. Wow, I guess Georgia doesn't care who works on these systems:D