PDA

View Full Version : fridge freeezing up

jjbell7
17-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Hello, my beko ap 930x fridge freezer has a problem. there is a part next to the water filter in the bottom of the fridge that is far too cold and has caused liquids to freeze and the water filter to burst. the temperature on the display is 4 degrees as normal but it did start making strange whirring noises as if something was failing before this happened, thanks in advance

sedgy
17-12-2010, 10:39 PM
hi jjbell, you say that the temp display is 4 degrees so the temp < where the sensor is , is 4c< this will be at the top of the fridge now heat dose rise but 4c difference between he top and the bottom of the fridge is qoite a lot, maybe the temp sensor is faulty? the strange wheering noise sounds like a fridge that is running on a vac =short of gas?
reset the set piont to 6c and run it for a day or so, test the temp see how you go, sedgy

jjbell7
18-12-2010, 03:17 PM
i turned the fridge freezer off, let it defrost, as soon as you turn it back on the display shows -18, and 4, so the display does not reflect the temp. i think the fridge is too cold at the bottom because there is a white plastic item about 100mm by 150mm that i think is too cold and not regulating, thanks for any help

jjbell7
18-12-2010, 03:22 PM
i think i need a replacement part, if i knew which part i could phone an engineer, is there anyone on the forum from north east england? thanks

a1aircon
20-02-2011, 09:51 AM
it sounds like fan failure a replacement can be obtained from diy-spare.com