PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo vrv problems

scrappy77
16-12-2010, 09:29 PM
We have just taken a contract with sanyo ecoi mini range in a five floor building, i had a call when we had that very cold weather that units one on floor where blowing cold every 10 Min's, which on checking they where the outdoor unit was going into defrost and then preheat, i now they do defrost more often when its cold but this is a little to often so i checked the air off of the indoor units which was 31C and the discharge pipe temp on inlet was 40C and dropped off to 36c as the other units called for heating which is low for R410a so i thought may be its short on gas.

But on going to the roof thinking a would find a big vrv condenser i found a small unit that you would normally see on a large split system so i took the details of the unit and of all the indoors,this hat i found.

outdoor
SPW-CR605GXH56B =15.50Kw cooling 17.60Kw
heating

indoor
6x SPW-FR184GXH568 =33.6Kw cooling 37.8Kw heating

1X SPW-FR124GXH568 =3.6kw cooling 4.2kw heating

so a total of 37.2 kw cooling 42kw heating for indoor on a 17kw outdoor unit :eek: i know they can do more duty than stated but that much.

So contacted sanyo who said that this wrong we told the client to contact the installer as it is only 16 months old, the installers contractor has told us we are wrong that the system is correct and will supply that amount of units, but in the mean time the compressor one the first floor system has given up and taken the inverter board with it, so me still thinks it's wrong but is there any design people on here that knows sanyo stuff that can help as i have only work on sanyo stuff a small amount so any info would be good.

croc1774
16-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Hello Scrappy,
Sounds like it could get political and if Sanyo say its wrong then i guess its wrong.
I would get sanyo on site or at least 1 of there reps.
Regards

stufus
16-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Search the forums for 'Techguy' his details are listed in previous threads .He's one of Sanyos technical support guys .Very helpful and approachable..
Best of luck

Roundflow
17-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Scrappy
It looks like the indoor units have been over sized for a reason, this is normally done when the air off control function is being used in cooling however if it's not applied properly it can cause problems in heating.

First thing to check , is 17.6kw heating enough for the load in the building.
If it's not then you have an application issue.
If it is then there are some adjustments you can make which may improve things.
Also make sure that the indoor temp never drops below 16 overnight etc otherwise you will have a problem with lifting the space temp, frequent defrosts etc etc anyway.