PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Cool Force
15-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi all, I'm from South Africa & run my own air conditioning business,
I install,service, & maintain mainly midwall split units, these are very popular here because they're the most affordable.
I've only been in the industry for about 2yrs(which is how long I'm running my business),I've completed a certificate in air conditioning & refrigeration that is recognised by our government. So as you can imagine I'll be needing lots of advice. I fit mainly Samsung & Haier units.

Brian_UK
15-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum CF and good fortune with your business.

Cool Force
26-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi all. Looks like I'll be fitting solely Carrier in the new year, they're giving me good prices on the midwall splits.They did say however that they want me to fit their brand only. Do you guys think it's a good idea to fit just a single brand? If a customer insists on another brand, what should I do?

stufus
27-12-2010, 12:45 AM
I'd say don't put all your eggs in one basket.And don't let any manufacturer or supplier tell you how to run your operation. With you being the professional ,if a customer spec's another brand so be it ,they pay the bill,but guide them in the right direction cheap and cheerful isn't usually the best way to go . Remember it's your company,you're the boss . Make the decision that's best for you!

Regards

Stu

Magoo
27-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Keep your options open.

Cool Force
29-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll just have to see what happens in the new year. But they did say that they'd help with advertising in a major newspaper, something I can't quite afford right now. I suppose if they do that on a regular basis it would be worth the partnership.

stufus
29-12-2010, 09:59 PM
They all say a lot of things ,But he said,she said doesn't work to well in business.Think long and hard about your decision and get it all in writing.;)
Best of luck in your venture ,

Regards

Stu

mikeref
29-12-2010, 11:38 PM
They all say a lot of things ,But he said,she said doesn't work to well in business.Think long and hard about your decision and get it all in writing.;)
Best of luck in your venture ,

Regards

Stu
Yes, as Stu says, be careful as companies can flick you just as quick and leave you high and dry. It may seem great that they want to help you but its this company's bottom line that is at stake, not necessarily yours. I've had distributers approach me to do warranty work and that ended up as my loss in time and money.. Mike.