PDA

View Full Version : charging a 410 split system,can you charge in 60degree weather

rngac
15-12-2010, 03:29 AM
I was trying to install my first r410a split system. I was told you can only charge with liquid, does this mean when bottle is upright it is in liquid position unlike r22 you turn upside down.Also can you properly charge a unit with an ambient temp of 58 Fahrenheit.I got a 200 psi both high and low side.Theirs a metering valve in the evaporator,could this be in backwards? Do I have a big problem? Started with 300 micron 12 hr.vacume.Then started to charge.I'm good with r 22 so what do i need

Brian_UK
15-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Yes, only charge liquid.

Most bottles should have a dip tube and this should be stated on the bottle. If it has then do not invert it; if it hasn't then turn it over.

You should be charging by weight.

You say you have 200psi on both sides, is that standing pressure or with the unit running?

You can charge at almost any temperature if you have the right equipment.

Are you charging the whole system or just the lineset quantity?

Cool Force
15-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Brian UK, I always thought it was bettter to charge systems on a hot day. What equipment is necessary to charge in any temperature?

Brian_UK
15-12-2010, 11:06 PM
A bottle warmer perhaps.

Some systems have charging tables which give required superheat/subcooling against ambient temperature I believe, so sometimes you may be outside of the tables range.

mad fridgie
15-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I carry an internal source of a warm fluid, on a cold day I release the fluid onto the bottle to keep the pressure high within the bottle. Works well.
I would advice that you wash the bottle after you have completed your task! "re-cycled tea"