PDA

View Full Version : Theft of equipment

Reeferman27
14-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Good day one and all.

Over the weekend (saturday night)my van was got into and most of my service tools and equipment was taken.

If you are offered a new set of R410a gauges and lines, a pair of new 14.4V Hitachi cordless drills(no charger) and a set of Autodata automative A/C books, amongst other things. Possibly along the South Coast of England. Please let me know and I will skin the W*****S.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Not that I hold any chance of seeing them again, but you never know.

glenn1340
14-12-2010, 06:13 PM
You have my sympathy reeferman, I`ve had my tools nicked twice, the second time the whole van went. One good thing was the response of the wondeful police " sorry, we`ve not got the resources to deal with it". What they really meant was "p**s off and don`t disturb us". I`ts not just the major tools that go but all those special ones too.

r.bartlett
14-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Put them on alert on Ebay and you'll get notification if anything like that comes up

Ebay -the biggest fence in the world!

cadwaladr
14-12-2010, 07:21 PM
yeah sorry to hear,someone got in mine 2 months ago saw the culprit but he was on the opposite side of a chain link fence with 2 of his mates but i will remember him,update your security coz they always come back!!!

coolhibby1875
15-12-2010, 11:16 PM
i use 1 of those CK Tools back pack style tool bag, which was lying infront of the open end freezer i was working behind on, when this guy just walked over and slung it on his back, i was stunned at the tenasity of the guy as he tried to stroll of with it, needless to say he got a good slapping, couldnt beleive he reported me to the police for assault.:):):)

chilliwilly
15-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Terrible blow to the system mate, I also sympathise with you. I have been a victim of tool and van theft three times now. The last time they just got a digital camera, a satnav, and a handfull of junk from the glove compartment. There was even a spare key that I'd lost in the cab space, that I'd found again and put in the glove compartment that I forgot about. I was really suprised that they didn't take the van aswell.

Magoo
15-12-2010, 11:40 PM
only a low life would steal a tradesmans tools, his source of income. I have had 2 laptops stolen from vehicle, slow learner me, dont leave in vehicle now.
Concidered getting stickers made with "leathal gas discharged by car alarm".

lowcool
16-12-2010, 12:34 AM
dont have a neat and orderly van is a good discouragement

mad fridgie
16-12-2010, 03:23 AM
I hope they left you with a rusty pen knife? So you can cut their balls off when you catch them!!!!!!!!

mikeref
16-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Terrible blow to the system mate, I also sympathise with you. I have been a victim of tool and van theft three times now. The last time they just got a digital camera, a satnav, and a handfull of junk from the glove compartment. There was even a spare key that I'd lost in the cab space, that I'd found again and put in the glove compartment that I forgot about. I was really suprised that they didn't take the van aswell.
How does this this happen 3 times, don't you have vehicle security/ remote locking? Tradsmen here run around in utes with tray backs and a few lockable cabinets,but have a B.F.D. security system... usually a seasoned pigdog or pitbull.. Mike.

chilliwilly
17-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Leeds is the vehicle crime capital of Britain. No matter what you do to your vehicle, if they want to get in they'll get in no matter what you do securitywise. Somebody a few streets away from me put two wheel clamps on their van. One on the front nearside wheel and one on the rear offside. When he got up to go to work in the morning the van had gone, and it had a tracker on it aswell. Apparently the police said it must have been hoisted and towed away, as there was no sign of filings or swarf on the road. And they must have used a lightning generator or covered the vehicle with a sophisticated screening cover, to jam the trackers signal. He never heard a thing or saw it again.

Vehicle security is only a deterrent thats offered as a means of peice of mind, but no guarantee that your motor won't get nicked or broken into. Like the old saying goes "there's no known frontiers known to man!" These days I have a sac cart thats been modified with a small tool cupboard welded to it. I always take it out on a night time as I tend to keep all valuables in there, I even take the cart with me if I stop at at cafes in dodgy areas.

mikeref
17-12-2010, 04:19 AM
Wow... culture shock. Have 2 dogs here, Utility company called my mobile on one occasion as German shepherd would not let them in for planned maintenance.. Mike.