PDA

View Full Version : Indesit Tall Fridge Freezer not working after relocation !

TrayB
14-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Hello,
I have an Indesit tall fridge freezer model CG 1230 (approx 4.5 years old). I switched the unit off to defrost and move into my new kitchen. It defrosted ok. However now it has been relocated it won't get cold. Both the fridge and the freezer are refusing to work. I have switched it back off and left it for another 24 hours, switched it back on, but it's not freezing up. The unit is humming, but I haven't heard it 'kick in', it's a constant hum.
Is my fridge freezer dead ?????? Can anyone help ????

sajidmcr
05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
Hi there,
If it has a mechenical timer just turn it a bit with flat screw driver, timer should be on the back some where.
Constant hum is the fan, common make the compressor run if u want it to freeze up.
I hope u haven't turned it ON at once after you moved it....

Tesla
05-01-2011, 01:14 PM
There was a post a short while ago about starting friges once they were moved and the effects of laying them down. But during moving the internal motor may have moved off it's springs/mounts. If the circuits are made with power to comp and it wont run it could be tired. As an old trick I would use a DOL (direct on line) starter circuit with grunty capacitor then give it a kick (with my steel caps) if it didn't start which sometimes worked - of course I would have current meter attached during the test. Let us know how it goes or doesn't go.