PDA

View Full Version : Heat pump temperature control

Vincent Yu
02-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Hello All,

I am trying to design a heat pump to provide hot water. The outlet water temperature is between 10 Celsius and 40 Celsius. Capacity is about 30KW. Does anyone know any simple ways for temperature control?

When we design a chiller, a simple way for temperature control is hot gas bypass. Are there any simple ways for temperature control in a heat pump system?

All suggestions and advices are appreciated.

Thanks
Vincent

botrous
02-08-2005, 07:29 PM
can anyone , anybody send me a shematic of a heat pump , used for heating water . . . i am confused of you huys are talking about.
thanks in advance

frank
02-08-2005, 08:37 PM
To achieve this you would need a water cooled condenser with bypass (3 port) valve operated on discharge pressure, otherwise your rejected heat energy is lost to the air. Control of the system would be by storage vessel themostat.

Brian_UK
02-08-2005, 10:52 PM
can anyone , anybody send me a shematic of a heat pump , used for heating water . Have a look at this site - http://www.heatpumpcentre.org/

Basically you replace the air cooled condenser with a water cooled condenser and utilise the waste heat transferred to the water circuit.

frank
03-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Brian

You make it sound like I know what I'm talking about :D :D

chemi-cool
03-08-2005, 08:47 PM
We use them quite a lot,
A 1/3 HP R12 compressor, running a 200 L reservoir

The controll is a simple thermostate.
No need for a SV cause the evaporater is the out coil.

Chemi:)

botrous
04-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks Brian . . . the link helped to understand what you guys are talking about

Lc_shi
24-08-2005, 09:38 AM
The easy type is using plate heat exchanger parallel to the hot water tank. Compressor is on/off by the thermostat of the water tank setup value. Japanese use the co2 system for heat pump water heater.

anup
30-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi Vincent,
If you are talking about temp control hot water, you can simply use thermostat. Once the set temp is achieved, your system will shut off.
You can visit www.nespl.com