PDA

View Full Version : help! old Carrier heat pump 38gp047900

Improver
11-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi guys, I attended a site last week and found the pipework and some other components on the outdoor condensing unit had been stolen on a very old carrier heat pump model no. 38gp047900 running on r22.

I have not got much experience working on these systems and I have to put it all back together. I'm fine with piping up the unit but there is (I think) a component missing from the unit as there are 2 small copper tubes hanging out from the unit which look like they have been chopped off something.

If there is any engineers who are familar/experienced working on these systems please msg me.

I have managed to get the service manual but it has no schematics of pipework and components.

I didnt take covers off the unit to see what the tube were attached to as I couldn't get up to it at the time, gonna go back in a few days to have a proper look.

Brian_UK
11-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Quite possible for those two small tubes to be extended pressure access ports.

Improver
14-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I returned to site today and stripped the unit down and found that the 2 tubes hanging out of the unit went to high and low pressure switches these must of been on the suction and liquid lines. I'm gonna braze them back in, thanks anyway Brian for the response.