PDA

View Full Version : Can you Identify this EPT?

jtmk711
10-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I need help trying to find a manual for these EPTs. Can anyone tell me the manufacturer? They are mounted in a Johnson Controls panel, but they cannot identify them (too old). Also tried MAMAC Systems.

nike123
10-12-2010, 11:11 PM
What is EPT?
Give us link or something.
Link could be in this form:

cttp://something.com

Tesla
10-12-2010, 11:41 PM
EPT = Electronic to Pressure Transducer, used to convert electronic control signals to neumatic control signals and vise versa. All you would need to measure is the electronic signal (0 - 10VDC, 2 - 10VDC, or 4 - 20mA) and the range of neumatic signal (3 - 15PSIG, 20 - 100Pa). But they are all pretty much the same and do the same job some have a few extra functions like Auto - Off - Manual. Perhaps you could post us a picture of the EPT or describe in more detail like does it have dip switches, zero adjust screw, No Nc...

jtmk711
14-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Sorry, I must've had a brain cramp. :confused: Here are photos....

Roadrunning123
22-12-2010, 03:55 AM
They are quantum controls , you can't buy them anymore
If they are connected to a BMS ( building management system) have a look at the range in which they are set up to operate.
Then set them to closed and check the out put on the controller.
Then set to fully open and check the out put again.
The pressure side should correlate to the electric out put if it doesn't then the transducer will require replacement .

Shut all airflow off and take a reading then open air flow and take a reading the operating pressure should be between these readings. If they aren't then either you have water in the lines or the controller is damaged.
I use to have manuals for these old things , if I find it I'll post it for you.

Cheers and merry Christmas to al !!

goshen
29-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Sorry, I must've had a brain cramp. :confused: Here are photos....
Hi
as said i dont think these are in production any more
i would recomend you use greystone e2p transducers
i use them on our pneumatic valves they are great
and are universal either 0-10 volts to 3-15 psi
or 4-20ma to 3-15 psi
.http://www.greystoneenergy.com/English/products/pneumatic/list_pneumatic.html
good luck