PDA

View Full Version : Freezing time for 5 lbs chicken

61fordbus
09-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey All,
just a quick question: what is the freezing time for a 5 pound chicken at -85 degrees F? We were at 38,000 feet with that outside air temp, and the co-pilot and I couldn't agree on the time.
Thanks, robert sanchez

sedgy
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
hey robert , whatever you say its a FOUL comment . yeh
sedgy,

mad fridgie
09-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey All,
just a quick question: what is the freezing time for a 5 pound chicken at -85 degrees F? We were at 38,000 feet with that outside air temp, and the co-pilot and I couldn't agree on the time.
Thanks, robert sanchez
If it was flying at 500mph and flapping its wings, it would boil! and would be call "Superchicken" but being such a "super chicken" it would have the capability of dispersing the energy!
If the chick was dead, being towed by the plane at 500 miles an hour it still would not freeze, not airodynamic, so friction would keep it warm.
Did you know that 10% of concords power was used to keep it cool when flying at high altitudes and super sonic! and the plane became longer because it the outside was hot.

NoNickName
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Supposing the chicken does not oppose friction to air, the time it takes to remove let's say 500BTU heat from the chicken depends on the convection and air distribution.
Accounting for the windchill at 500mph, it probably takes less then few seconds.

Magoo
10-12-2010, 10:33 PM
By holding chicken out the window with mouth open, you could pluck it, gut it and freezer it in seconds. Recommend a good pair of thermal gloves though, and an oxygen mask for when the cabin de-pressurizes. A safety strap so you don't get sucked out the window.

sedgy
10-12-2010, 10:43 PM
hi magoo, you are right about the gloves+ the oxy mask but my wife don't need a safety belt with a 80 inch waist , a waist ? that's not a waist thats a bloody disgrace

Magoo
11-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi Sedgy,
I have one of those waists at home as well, thing is though the waist would get stuck in the window, and take a lot of time to remove. The outside bit would be brittle to handle, and make a mess on the floor when thawed out.

lawrence1
11-12-2010, 05:45 AM
hope your wives are not looking over your shoulder and seeing what you said,,,,but it was funny