PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Rzqs125c7v1b (L1 fault)

airconadam
07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi guys got a L1 fault on a daikin rzqs125c7v1b, cant seem to find much info about it but i have had this problem in the past and it turned out to be the board?? I checked the compressor wasn't to earth and the resistance between the windings were all balanced and below 1 ohm which they was, i was thinking maybe the comp had taken out the board,after checking the fuse for the condenser fans i found it blown!! would this take the board out which on this unit is the main pcb and inverter as one??? i tried taking the resistance of the fan motors but got very different results from one to the other and wasnt sure what i was looking for?? anybody eles had this sort of fault much appreciated

Adam

VRVIII
07-12-2010, 11:27 PM
L1 Faulty Outdoor PC Board

Method of
Malfunction
Detection

Detect malfunctions by current value during waveform output before compressor startup.
Detect malfunctions by current sensor value during synchronized operation at the time of startup.
Detect malfunctions using an MP-PAM series capacitor overvoltage sensor.

Malfunction
Decision
Conditions

When over-current is detected at the time of waveform output before operating the compressor
When the current sensor malfunctions during synchronized operation
When overvoltage occurs in MP-PAM
In case of IGBT malfunction
In case of faulty jumper setting

Supposed
Causes

Faulty outdoor PC board (A1P)
IPM failure
Current sensor failure
MP-PAM failure
Failure of IGBT or drive circuit

airconadam
08-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Cheers vrv, I tried disconnecting both fan motors from the board and then running the system just to see if the compressor would run, which it did, I then turned off on the controller after 20 secs of it running, I replaced the fuse for the fans and connected 1 fan into the board hoping I could determine which fan motor had gone but the unit then wouldn't run back up again?? Do you know what readings I should be getting for the fan motors?? Much appreciated

Adam

glenn1340
08-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Forgive me if you`ve already done this but have you tried phoning Daikin`s tech help line? I had a problem on a unit the other day that was not bringing up the fault code on the controller and they were very helpful. It was an inverter fault.

VRVIII
08-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Cheers vrv, I tried disconnecting both fan motors from the board and then running the system just to see if the compressor would run, which it did, I then turned off on the controller after 20 secs of it running, I replaced the fuse for the fans and connected 1 fan into the board hoping I could determine which fan motor had gone but the unit then wouldn't run back up again?? Do you know what readings I should be getting for the fan motors?? Much appreciated

Adam

Hi Adam,
See attached info, If the fan motor/motors are faulty I would expect the error code to change to E7 when trying to operate with fans disconnected.
Also never disconnect/re-connect this type of fan motor when the unit is operating as this can damage both the motor & PCB.

airconadam
20-12-2010, 10:40 PM
sorry for the late reply vrv,thanks very much for the fan check document great help.

much appreciated

Adam