PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Remote controller Par21-MAA has no power

tek2k
05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I installed a multisplit system with two indoor units (PLA-RP71BA2)

and the outdoor unit is PUHZ-RP140VHA2.

The power for the indoor units is fed from the outdoor unit.

Everything is switched on but there is no power being sent to the remote controller PAR-21MAA.

Looking at an indoor circuit board there are 3 LEDS.

LED 1 is on showing there is power to the indoor unit.

LED 2 is off which means no power being sent to remote controller.

LED 3 is flashing which indicates communication to the outdoor unit.

What could be the cause of not sending power to the remote controller?

Thanks in advance for any help.

install monkey
05-12-2010, 10:19 AM
power off and switch all the dip switches to the opposite position then back again then re power up-the dip switch positions are in the correct position but poor contact.

tek2k
05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Are you referring to dip switches on the indoor unit circuit board?

Or are there dipswitches on the remote controller as well?

Thanks.

Kev The Tool
05-12-2010, 11:17 AM
dipswitches on the indoor unit

moondawn
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
hi tek2k

Do You Get anything at all at the remote like the LED screen trying to start?

How have you wired the remote controller cable have you wired from remote controller to AC1 to AC2? a daisy chain effect?

cheers lee

install monkey
05-12-2010, 02:33 PM
indoor dipswitches-on a twin split u only wire par21 to 1 unit. s1-s3 is linked

moondawn
05-12-2010, 03:20 PM
hi install monkey,

yeah only run 0.75 cable from remote to one unit only i have done this before running it daisy chain and remote will not start up

regcooldude
05-12-2010, 05:41 PM
make sure you've wired the par21 to the master only, make sure you have both indoor isolators on before you power up the condenser, check you have 12vdc at the remote

Thermatech
05-12-2010, 05:53 PM
The indoor unit is showing that its not going to send 12 vdc to the remote controller with indoor circuit board LED 2 off for a reason.
One reason could be that the outdoor unit is not set for refrigerant address 0.

For example
If you had a group of 3 twin splits in a shop & use one PAR21 then you would make the outdoor unit refrigerant address
0= master unit
1= 1st slave unit
2= 2nd slave unit.

Only the indoor unit connected to the master outdoor unit with address 0
will power up 12v dc to the PAR21.

Normally outdoor units come out of the factory all set for refrigerant address 0. So systems normally work out of the box as stand alone split systems becuse the indoor circuit board can see that it is connected to the master outdoor unit address 0 so the indoor board knows it has to power up the remote controller with 12vdc.

Suggest double check outdoor unit address setting = 0
If thats ok & interconneting S1, S2, S3 or all connected correctly & power supply voltage is correct then suspect outdoor circuit board problem.

tek2k
05-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Ok will try all the above. Thank you for the input. I will report back on the solution.

Slim R410a
06-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Ok will try all the above. Thank you for the input. I will report back on the solution.

Also check the master indoor board. I've had a SLZ-KA50stand alone split once no power to controller, the connection pin on the pcb board was disconnected. (think its a blue cable CN2 or something)

tek2k
11-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Hello just to let you guys know I clicked the dip switches on SW1 on the outdoor unit back and forth once making sure they were all 0 and turned back on and LED 2 lit up and remote was working fine.

Thanks for the help.

install monkey
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Hello just to let you guys know I clicked the dip switches on SW1 on the outdoor unit back and forth once making sure they were all 0 and turned back on and LED 2 lit up and remote was working fine.

Thanks for the help.
i wont give up my day job yet!