PDA

View Full Version : Reclaim

Henry1
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Hello to everyone.
Hope i word this o.k, when reclaiming a Zeotropic you take out the liquid first from the receiver side, do you then shut off the liquid discharge valve and take the remaining vapour out from the suction service valve??. I ask because i have only worked on small R22 a/c's, and the reclaimer just has recover and self clear on it so have always taken an age to reclaim through the suction servce valve. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i would attach guages to suc&diss service ports for press reading, a seperate line from receiver to reclaimer & then onto reclaim bott, remove liq, then use centre reclaim line from guage to remove vapour from suc service port!!. Feel like i'm blathering now, you get the idea i'm looking for some help.

cool runings
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Hello to everyone.
Hope i word this o.k, when reclaiming a Zeotropic you take out the liquid first from the receiver side, do you then shut off the liquid discharge valve and take the remaining vapour out from the suction service valve??. I ask because i have only worked on small R22 a/c's, and the reclaimer just has recover and self clear on it so have always taken an age to reclaim through the suction servce valve. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i would attach guages to suc&diss service ports for press reading, a seperate line from receiver to reclaimer & then onto reclaim bott, remove liq, then use centre reclaim line from guage to remove vapour from suc service port!!. Feel like i'm blathering now, you get the idea i'm looking for some help.

Hi Henry.

Don't worry too much about the procedure, just make sure you pull it all out.

Most modern recovery machines will pull both liquid and vapour, just make sure
you do not flood the thing with too much liquid.

So yes, for speed pull out all the liquid first (that is the fastest) then open all the
valves when the pressures equalise and pull the remander out from both sides.

Now when it comes to fitting gauges, on most commercial systems the pressure at
the liquid receiver will be the same as it is at the comp dscharge, so where you fit the
gauges for reading preasures is not important, but what is important is why you are
fitting the gauges.

If you are fitting the gauges you suspect there is a fault? So if you need to remove the
refrigerant because there is a fault, the quickest way is in liquid form and therefore you
may as well just conect straight to the liquid receiver.

If you are working with a machine that only pulls out vapour (it will be an old machine)
then the procedure is different.

You can pull out all the refrigerant in vapour form slowley but safely

Or

You can use the push pull method which is faster but more complicated.

Let us know the type of machine you have and it can be discused further.

All the best

coolrunnings.

Henry1
06-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Thank you Cool runnings, that was very helpfull, no specific machines as yet, the site i am based on is having a total refurb, i beleive they are installing Daikin VRV's multi splits, so me thinks a course on these is in order, (if i can get my boss to open his wallet);)..

Thank you again.