PDA

View Full Version : RTAC Software Upload

Dr Death
03-12-2010, 06:08 PM
The new version of Techview I have downloaded does not recognise the version of software on my RTAC . Techview only offers me the option to download new software. Anyone advise me as to what happens when you download new software to the processor ? Of the 3 or 4 versions Iam offered to download , which should I select ? I am assuming higher numbers are newer versions ;I think the chillers have version 23. Any help would be gratefully received.

Lowrider
04-12-2010, 10:13 AM
what version techview do you use?

El Padre
04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi Dr,
Are you using a USB to serial coverter? If so that might be the problem, I can only use a laptop with a serial connection on several types of kit, Trane included.

Cheers

Dr Death
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
The version of Techview that is currently available from Trane ( 12.1 I think ). My previous laptop and software,using the same usb/serial converter, worked fine with this very chiller. The message that I get is un-recognised product and I am automatically re-directed to the software page of Techview. I have never downloaded software to these before and am keen to be fore-warned !!

CV_Geardrive
07-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi,
Download and install SP6 from the TRANE web site and try again.
If you have no result then you have to download RTAC software to unit and insert model number and confirm code. (These are written in a white label inside the panel)
If you cannot download software then you have an issue with your laptop??