PDA

View Full Version : Daikin power issue

weidit
03-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi guys wondering if you could point me in the right direction.
I attended a site a few months ago and looked at a multi split system with 2 x indoor units.

In full heating it runs very well but is pulling 16 amps from outdoors ( power to outside then interconnecting to indoor units)

Filters and coil are cleaned and ok. System heats the room up fine. With nothing out of the ordinary. But since and before my visit the client has found in the morning when they arrive and get the infa red controller and turn system on what ever mode the breaker trips straight away. I have since been to site turned system off and turned breaker back on and turned system on and again system runs perfect. In both modes. Since this visit it has tripped again.

Been told its prob compressor but i have had it running in fill heating in -2 ambient temp and below and it was fine. It has ran for 2 years with no problems what so ever.
I have checked refrigerant charge and its all good.

I can't remember model numbers but can get them at weekend. He two indoor units are radiator type ones.
With infa red controllers and I have checked both units for faults with the controller bleep thing and says there is none.

It's literally trips when they turn remote on. I'm thinking it must be a wrong problem. On the power side as the interconnecting seems all good.

Thanks in advance
Regards weidit

paul_h
03-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I attended a site a few months ago and looked at a multi split system with 2 x indoor units.

In full heating it runs very well but is pulling 16 amps from outdoors ( power to outside then interconnecting to indoor units)
What is it current draw rated at since you think this may be a problem?
What does it pull in cooling. What c/b size is fitted? Is it on it's own circuit?

edit: BTW I am not a daikin guy, but the first thing they would ask for is model # so they know what they are looking at.

stufus
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Go for the obvious stuff first
Breaker size,breaker type (is it motor rated)
electrical connections at breaker and isolater.
You may also want to check if the comp has a crankcase heater fitted and if so is it working.
disconnect comp feed from out going side of contactor an see if indoor fans cause any issues on start up,

best of luck ,Stu

VRVIII
03-12-2010, 09:33 PM

Filters and coil are cleaned and ok. System heats the room up fine. With nothing out of the ordinary. But since and before my visit the client has found in the morning when they arrive and get the infa red controller and turn system on what ever mode the breaker trips straight away. I have since been to site turned system off and turned breaker back on and turned system on and again system runs perfect. In both modes. Since this visit it has tripped again.

Been told its prob compressor but i have had it running in fill heating in -2 ambient temp and below and it was fine. It has ran for 2 years with no problems what so ever.
I have checked refrigerant charge and its all good.

I can't remember model numbers but can get them at weekend. He two indoor units are radiator type ones.
With infa red controllers and I have checked both units for faults with the controller bleep thing and says there is none.

It's literally trips when they turn remote on. I'm thinking it must be a wrong problem. On the power side as the interconnecting seems all good.

Thanks in advance
Regards weidit

Have you:
Verified there are no loose/bad mains power connections?

Have you tried replacing the circuit breaker? this could be faulty.

Is this an inverter outdoor with RCD breaker? The RCD much be able to withstand inverter harmonics.

Is the unit a single phase non inverter? if so check the compressor start relay

install monkey
03-12-2010, 10:05 PM
if u keep it running overnight it doesnt trip!!
i had this issue on a rxs50 unit-tested the compressor insulation ok,tested inverter with the checker ok,daikin tech recommended replacing the compressor-again trips in the morning then runs all day ok,replaced the inverter board,then the diode went bang on the pam module-****ed it off for another condenser and all ok! that was on a 2008 r410a