PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Tower's Float Valve Adjustment

ksm
03-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Dear All,

I'd like to know that any standard adjustment for Float Valve in Cooling Tower ? One of the Cooling Tower in our Chiller Plant is always high water level alarm.

Thanks.:)

Brian_UK
03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Water level must be sufficient to cover the water outlet at all times when pump is running.

Check also that the level switch is correct.

Terron
14-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Keep in mind if your water pumps cycle on and off with your head pressure they might be causing a sudden rise in water level when they cycle off. I would also check the rubber seat on the float valve body to see if its leaking by. Your condenser manual should have the correct water level specified in it. If you don't have the manual then I would make sure the water level covers the the dampeners separating each fan bay plus the suction inlet when the pumps are running. Just make sure the water level is NOT higher than you outlet.....or you would just be wasting water.

Roadrunning123
22-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Hi , yes the cooling tower float level should be low enough so as to not over flow through the over flow drain and high enough so that the pump can't suck in water.
I always make sure that the water level is about an nick below the overflow.
If your alarm is still going off then change it position once you have set the level

Cheers

Brian_UK
22-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi , yes the cooling tower float level should be low enough so as to not over flow through the over flow drain and high enough so that the pump can't suck in water.
I always make sure that the water level is about an nick below the overflow.
If your alarm is still going off then change it position once you have set the level

Cheers
Slight error there methinks. :D

Roadrunning123
29-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Slight error there methinks. :D

Sorry sorry ( damn spell checker on this iPad )
Can suck !! :rolleyes:

Brian_UK
29-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Sorry sorry ( damn spell checker on this iPad )
Can suck !! :rolleyes:
Spell checkers are great, sadly modern computers don't have brain checkers as yet. :D