PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi RAS 5HQE5 not starting

jaceace
02-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Hello Guys,

Just wondering if some one can point me in the right direction please, I have a problem with a RAS 5HQE5 3 phase ducted unit. When you start the aircon nothing happens, no fans or cooling starts. I changed the jumper on the pcb board from normal to cooling and the outdoor unit compressor runs but the none of the outdoor fans or indoor fans run. The controller did come up with an error b1 22 which i think could be a sensor issue.

I have searched the net for a service manual and can not find one. I also called Hitachi and the no longer service or deal in Australia :confused:. Temperzone have taken over Hitachi here in Australia and I did call but got an answering machine. The unit is roughly 8 years old. Utopia Series, made in 200, and the Model No is RAS-5HQE5.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, if it is the sensor does anyone know what the part number is and where i can locate one from? Thanks for reading .

install monkey
02-12-2010, 09:34 PM
b1 is setpoint value.
b5 controller sensing temp/remote sensor
b2 return air sensor value

Dr Death
03-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I have a manual for these. Message me with your e-mail and I can try to mail it to you. Itwill be a big file !

Grizzly
04-12-2010, 05:28 AM
Hello Guys,

Just wondering if some one can point me in the right direction please, I have a problem with a RAS 5HQE5 3 phase ducted unit. When you start the aircon nothing happens, no fans or cooling starts. I changed the jumper on the pcb board from normal to cooling and the outdoor unit compressor runs but the none of the outdoor fans or indoor fans run. The controller did come up with an error b1 22 which i think could be a sensor issue.

I have searched the net for a service manual and can not find one. I also called Hitachi and the no longer service or deal in Australia :confused:. Temperzone have taken over Hitachi here in Australia and I did call but got an answering machine. The unit is roughly 8 years old. Utopia Series, made in 200, and the Model No is RAS-5HQE5.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, if it is the sensor does anyone know what the part number is and where i can locate one from? Thanks for reading .

Welcome to the forum jaceace.

Attached is a set of Hitachi alarm codes. They may well help.
If you take DR Death up on his offer of a manual then you should be sorted!
Cheers Grizzly

mikeadlam
06-12-2010, 09:29 PM
You could try Walter Meier UK
+448716630664, ukclimate@waltermeier.com,

jaceace
06-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for that guys, I thought it was a sensor issue, just got to get back to that job and diagnose which one it is.The alarm codes seem to be the most helpful so far. Weird how there is no support here in Australia for Hitachi units. Honestly I have not seen very many in the past 7 years I have been here. But thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

jaceace
06-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Dr Death, I sent you my email address, that service manual would be mighty helpful and I would very much appreciate your time and help if you emailed it. Customer already had 1 Aircon company look at it and they walked away. I guess they did due to the lack of support for the unit here in Australia. Thanks again.

croc1774
07-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Outdoor Air Thermistor
Have service manual if you require,some 526 pages though..:rolleyes:

Dr Death
07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Jaceace, I have not received your e-mail address

Dr Death
07-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Jaceace , you do not allow private messages , if you alter your settings I can send you my e-mail.

Imp
10-12-2010, 03:03 PM
It wont work in cooling in low ambients. Also the compressor wont start until it is over 40°C
Oh - you are in Australia.....got any jobs going?
Its bloody freezing over here.

jaceace
13-12-2010, 10:02 AM
It wont work in cooling in low ambients. Also the compressor wont start until it is over 40°C
Oh - you are in Australia.....got any jobs going?
Its bloody freezing over here.

Hello, there are heaps of jobs going, check out seek .com.au :D

jaceace
13-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Dr Death, sorry about that! Not sure what happened to the message, Anyway my emails are all work related so I don't mind posting them. Try my google account first as that will receive up to 25mb emails jaceace08@gmail.com or info@jasonsair.com
sorry about the slow response, this time of the year is nuts here. Thanks for your help.

Rutts79
15-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, can anyone give me an idea to what an 'A1' 20 EO error is??
Already checked through the alarm fault codes previously supplied on Pdf.

Cheers!
Rutts79

install monkey
15-02-2011, 09:02 PM
a1 is a fualt on the first unit,fault code 20 is
Compressor/discharge gas thermistor
alarm. Problem with the connection of the
thermistor to the PCB, thermistor open or
short circuit or PCB failure

Rutts79
16-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Uh huh!! Ur a genius, thanks mate, I had a compressor change, and that thermistor was the only thing changed (apart from the comp), I had my suspicions, so I kept the old one...Will be changing it back I think
Thanks again!

Rutts79

Mavricks Choice
26-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Hello Guys

I have been looking @ the above model also & experiencing a heating problem where the indoor fan generally won't automatically start during system warmup? The fan runs fine on any other mode.
Sometimes the system will start up & run normally ok, but other times not!
The strange thing also it does not generate a fault code even when the outdoor has tripped on HP due to no indoor fan running!
The fan operation is otherwise normal.
I'm returning today to carryout the control self check & locate the indoor sensors. I noticed there are four! 2 x air, 1x pipe 1 x freeze??
Any pointers as little tech support by Temperzone in Aus.

Cheers
MC

Mavricks Choice
03-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Ok done some more research on this unit, discounted all indoor thermistors all in range.
Spoke to the Tzone rep here in Syd & went through the entire onboard diagnostics, no faults detected & nil logged.
They suggest the main board to be the problem & reckon it's going to cost me around $880...bloody exxy repair & try to make a quid as well.

Cheers
MC