PDA

View Full Version : Going mad

rasper1
02-12-2010, 01:29 AM
im working on a newly installed -23 degrees freezer room 100% back up system 1 is working perfect put the back up system solnoid will not close fully and only somtimes open.im on my third solnoid vavle but still no luck has ne one ever come across this?:rolleyes:

Magoo
02-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Look for induced voltages that will hold sv open. Then crunch coils.
Plus where is sligo on the world map

al
02-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Will it open and close fully with a magnet? If it does replace coil and check voltages, check coil is correct for voltage applied.

Unusual to have a solenoid fail so soon, if not above then you've ****e in the valve holding it open.

alec

supermarketguy
02-12-2010, 10:35 PM
What type of controller is feeding the solenoid, check that the controller is not set for an eev, as this maybe why it dosent shut down for a prolonged period.

Supermarketguy

Goober
03-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Magoo,

Sligo is a large town in the County of Sligo, North west Ireland. I have found memories of that town as that were I started my fridge career, and had many, many, many a good night out in that town, and many, many, many hangovers too!

taz24
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM

The other thing to look at is the type of coil.

Make sure it is the correct one and not a coil for an expansion valve.

They look the same but have different AC / DC rateings.

All the best

taz

rasper1
10-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions ended up throwing out the alco solonoid vavles and used Danfoss instead problem was sorted cheers

padraic
11-01-2011, 07:51 PM
had many a piss up in silgo aswell.. learnt alot more than refrigeration in sligo... spent a couple of months working in it.. go on toffs