PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrv2 compressor

podger81
01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
DAIKIN REYQ14M7W1B

i replaced the invertor compressor and board

when brazing the 1/4 oil return line i lost some pre-charged oil on the new compressor
the compressor failed to start, i could hear it pulsing attempting to turn. it then went into a L9 fault
when i tried it again it started and ran but on restart faulted again

how much oil is precharged, the loss seemed minimal and how do i get oil in as there is no no port

Matt1982
02-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Did you energize to unit (crankcase heater) for at least 12 hours before attempting to run the compressor? This is very important, even more so in cold weather. If not the compressor may have siezed which can be irreversable.

podger81
02-12-2010, 07:17 PM
id say 60mins only, but it did run for me. i know d if the compressor senses any resistance when on start up it goes out on fault do you know if i can put any oil in it as i lost a bit thinkin about puttin a schrader on the suction worried now

Brian_UK
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
You can pump the oil into any access point, preferably the suction with the unit running.

VRVIII
03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
DAIKIN REYQ14M7W1B

i replaced the invertor compressor and board

when brazing the 1/4 oil return line i lost some pre-charged oil on the new compressor
the compressor failed to start, i could hear it pulsing attempting to turn. it then went into a L9 fault
when i tried it again it started and ran but on restart faulted again

how much oil is precharged, the loss seemed minimal and how do i get oil in as there is no no port

Your problem sounds more like the result of liquid pumping, how did you charge the system? Did you check the crank case heater was operational and how long was it energised before start up? How did you manage to loss oil from the equalising line, was the compressor on it's side?

When charging a VRVII system NEVER add liquid refrigerant in the suction or dual purpose discharge/suction line (from a vac or when operating), these units have no suction accumulator.

Liquid pumping can result in the compressor lifting it’s oil due to foaming or liquid washing oil from bearings which in turn will eventually result in compressor seizure depending on severity of damage and operating conditions.

Only charge liquid into the liquid line from a vac then use the refigerant charge mode.

Sounds like you could be looking for another compressor :rolleyes: