PDA

View Full Version : Scotlands best supermarket contractor

wrench
30-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Who is considered to be the best/worst supermarket contractor in Scotland at the moment and how do so some of the newer contractors like Montgomery and TRS compare to some of the longer standing contractors.

coolhibby1875
01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
i am pretty sure they are all as bad as each other, no doubt they all have their pro's and con's, i work for a supermarket contractor, been here 18 years so cant be thart bad!!

supermarketguy
01-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi Wrench,

It depends on what you want from the company and what you want to gain as an engineer from the company. You may want security or better conditions or a re chasing the money. It mat be you want to gain more experience in a certain fields.

I have worked for most of them and they all bring diffrent things to the table. I wouldnt say they were as bad as each other, it just depends on what your expectations are and what the compaines expectations are.

As coolhibby says they all have there pros and cons. They all at the end of the day want to acheive a profit and in this current climate the retailers want their pound of flesh from all contractors at the moment. :(

If you are thinking of going to work for any of the supermarket contractors, just make sure you do your homework.

Cheers

Supermarket guy

Brian_UK
01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Are you asking as someone looking for work or are you a secret supermarket owner looking for a new contractor? :D

wrench
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Its been over 10 years since I have done any supermarket work and I was wondering if things had changed.

From the outside looking in it appears that the newer contractors maybe offer better working conditions. I would suggest that TRS have a better relationship with M&S as they are only focused on this one contract, with, with them being a smaller organisation communication should be better?

Or has nothing changed and it still all depends on who you are?

Thanks

supermarketguy
01-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi Wrench,

Probably city FM have the best relationship with their retailer, as they have bought into the partership idea with their service provider. Hence they have been awarded another 10 year deal.

Where Trs primary contract is with M&S, they also have other service contracts on the go as well.

Most service providers cannot afford to have all their eggs in one basket and try to have a varied workload, as you never know which way the retailer may go in awarding deals. :(
Wr have a varied work load, as does kb at the moment. Montgomerys mainly concentrate on the Sainsbury contract at present.

All companies are having to reduce costs to compete with each other, but the reasons behind this are tooo long to go into.

Hope this helps

Supermarketguy