PDA

View Full Version : Help on a Shinco KFR-50GW/BMVE 18000 btu mini split heat pump

talltex
30-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Short story: I did the majority of the install myself by running the electrical, setting the evaporator and condensing units, running the linesets. I was as careful as possible.

I left the following for my tech:

Tighten flare nuts on linesets
Evacuate the system
Release *****
Check for leaks
Unit ran perfectly for about an hour, then showed a "FO" code on the evaporator unit. Called the tech back out - the unit has *****, showed around 225 lbs at 73 degrees F, so no leaks.

The interior unit runs and condensor fan kicks on for about 10 second bursts, but the compressor never fires.

Do these units have a pressure sensor? I'm wondering if maybe a pressure sensor is faulty?

Planning on calling Shinco tomorrow.

Brian_UK
30-11-2010, 09:04 PM
225psi at 73°F only proves the type of refrigerant in the system not the quantity.

What does the F0 code mean?

edit:

Just checked the forum for previous Shinco problems, read this thread...
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22466

There is a fault code list, some wiring problems resolved and also the code F0 which means a refrigerant shortage.

talltex
01-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Thanks Brian,

I was able to download the fault code list, but "FO" isn't listed. My tech will try Shinco again tomorrow.

talltex
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
If the "FO" code does mean low *****, but there is some level of ***** in the system (seems to be at the same pressure as when installed and the factory charge should work with my ~12 foot lineset), then I'm wondering if maybe I've got a faulty pressure sensor?

There appears to be a pressure sensor on the condensor coil (see attached diagram, part number 10).

Would it do any harm to warm that sensor up with an electric heat gun? My thinking is maybe that's a thermal switch. Am I all wet here?

Thanks.

talltex
01-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Sorry to keep posting on my own thread, but this may help others.

I spoke to Mike this morning at GT-World (Shinco) and he indicated that code "FO" meant a bad control board. Mike was very helpful and is sending out a new control board that my tech will install.

I'm wondering if the code "PO" that they show in the codes manual was supposed to be "FO" but got mixed up in translation -- seems plausible.

I'll post up once I get the control board and install it.

Thanks.

windzer
03-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Good i hope that fixes the problem cross your fingers because im still waiting on a fan moter sence aug 2010 for the 50gw/bmve

talltex
04-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Wanted to close out this thread.

The replacement circuit board arrived and did fix the "FO" code my unit was showing. Unit seems to work fine now.