PDA

View Full Version : phasefale autodialler

acura
28-11-2010, 04:59 AM
hi i have customer that wants the phasefale controller for coolroom to auto dial on alarm. I have not been involved in this setup , looking at wire diagram it is setup for this it has a relay that wires into a ?? system security bms ,ddc or ad2 dialler ? then it wires into the phone socket ? do i organise a communications installer or where do i get an ad2 dialler ? any help would be appreciated thanks

chilliwilly
28-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't know about the regulations for telecoms in your part of the world. But over here anyone can wire into a master line box and run extensions from it, as long as the equipmemt meets with the service providers spec.

Basically you just need to wire a stat set to a disirable alarm temperature that is above defrost temperatures. And decide whether or not your utilizing n/o, or n/c. You may also need to consider the times when you want the dialler to work, ie out of working hours when the doors are open and the temperature climbs up.

In which case you may consider using a timeclock with the clocks output wired in parrallel with the stat. This will stop the stat triggering the dialler during the working day, if you've chosen the n/c input option into the dialler. And in addition you could install a counter, wired from the n/o side of the clock contacts. To log how many times the temperature has alarmed, causing the dialler to dial out, and then the system starts cooling again when the alarm is being responded to. This will help clarify any false alarms by prooving the stat has opened. Unless of course the fridge controls system is sophisticated enough just to wire outputs into the inputs of the dialler, with no adjustments neccesary to set up any temperature alarms.

If there's no convenient phone wire to connect into, then you could get a unit with a pay as you go sims card in. Then inform you customer to test dial it every month, this will prevent the sims provider disconnecting the sims function through no regular use over a certain period of time.

Hope this helps.

Clk320_Greg
28-11-2010, 09:16 PM
chilly,

Where can you find the units with the SIM in?

Cheers

chilliwilly
28-11-2010, 09:23 PM
At most alarm/electrical wholesalers.

Magoo
28-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Acura.
if your client already has a security system, then add another channel, all they require is a clean contact infeed to set if off, identify new channel as refrig., alarm. May be wise to put a timer delay at say 30 minutes. To stop nuisance trips etc., with defrosts etc.,